By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Bioshock PC demo - 7 PM EST on Monday

Downloading the demo now.

Is it sad that I've already played the 360 demo, know exactly what to expect, and yet ... am excited?

Around the Network

It's not sad at all! It's a whole new experience on the PC!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

not a very long demo but a good taste of what is to come....

To Each Man, Responsibility

damn the vista driver update doesnt work for me.. ='(
well finally downloading the demo now..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Little FYI for people who don't wanna wait in the Fileplanet lines or whatever. Goto http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3778797/BioShock_PC_Demo if you have a torrent software (Azureus, etc).

Currently there are 1000 seeders / 6000 downloaders or so... I'm getting 183k/sec speeds...

Around the Network

Yeah, as soon i come home i'll look it for download.

I hope the demo gets better, in my 20-30 minutes of the demo (a little after you see what the Big Daddy can do), I haven't been that impressed. The weapons so far were just weapons (not customizing yet) and the plasmids were pretty much like magic effects in a game like Oblivion. I was also very bored of reprogramming security bots after the first one, that little game to hack them was boring after the first one.

The atmosphere and mood were good and the graphics and (almost all of the) water effects were good too.

I'm going to try and get through the demo now that I'm done with classes for today and see if I can spot anything else or possibly change my current opinions.

*edit* lol, well the demo actually ends like 5 minutes where I left off before. Anyway, my opinions on the game after beating the demo haven't really changed. Some more weapons and their features like in the video after you beat the demo would help a little bit, but I still don't see how this game is amazing and how it can be proclaimed as the second coming of christ.