By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Bioshock PC demo - 7 PM EST on Monday

iclim4 said:
so what time is this demo coming out New Jersey time? i kinda dont know how to tell time zones.
"From what I can tell, to preload the demo you need to be a subscriber to Fileplanet/IGN...."
does that mean we have to pay for the demo?.......

It means if you want to preload the demo (download it early) you have to pay. Otherwise, you'll be waiting in line to d/l it with the rest of us. I have thought about subscribing to IGN, but it's stuff like this that makes me think otherwise, because I think it's a load of hooey!

Around the Network

ehh.. that sucks, wait so how long do we have to wait, like how many hours from now?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Literally hours before it's released lol...

This is what you get when game companies care more about console players than PC players.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

damnit, im excited for this game, but cmon i wanna see how my laptop can handle such a game before buying.. ='(
i would hate buying the game and find out i have to play in 800x600 on low settings..
now i have to wait an extra day before buying just to try out the demo='(

wait if its shipping on the 21st.. that means it will reach my local walmart on the noon of the 22nd which is a wednesday.. so if the demo is coming out on a monday how can it be hours away?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Not sure if I should post this so if not go ahead and delete it mods...

But anyways the PC Demo is available for download from a number of websites. I won't say anything more than Torrent, IRC, and Usenet.

PS - Make sure to get the latest drivers which are linked to from here. You want both your video drivers and DirectX drivers fully up to date for this folks. There have been a number of glitches/bugs associated with people not doing this so avoid the headache.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Now in line to download from fileplanet. #1543 out of 1550.

hahah, steam wont even let me try and download it yet. I click on the link and nothing happens :(

Yeah, I started downloading an hour ago...I've got a bit to go...

I don't know why I am though...my current computer cannot play Bioshock...I'll be getting a newer PC this week though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm downloading the demo on Steam right now if that helps expand the options for anybody.

And with my CRAZY new download speeds at my apartment, I'll be finished by tomorrow! Well, it is almost a 2 gig download anyway.

I've never been so excited about a Demo... gawd.