By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the ps3 gonna live 10 years just like the ps2 ?

Sylvain316 said:

Do you think the ps3 gonna live 10 years just like the ps2 ?

Of course the PS2 has been out for less than 10 years, but I know what you mean.

It's very plausable, and probably even probable. PS3 released in Nov. 2006 to be discontinued in Nov. 2016... it's doable. As long as it's profitable for all developers and SONY, I don't see why not. The PS3 hardware is about to break even with manufacturing costs at around $440. Also third parties have voiced that the PS3 earns them the most profits amongst the three consoles. And development costs are only rising from one generation to the next. So I don't see why 3rd parties will be abandoning the PS3 anytime soon. Developments cost should generally be reduced during the current generation. As long as SONY show adament support for the PS3, I don't see why 3rd party developers should not as well given recent news from them. Also, a quality entry level Blu-ray player will cost you $300. With HDMI cable and the optional remote, using a PS3 for Blu-ray playback alone will cost you $450. As long as there is a reasonable difference between the cost of a quality Blu-ray player and the PS3, I can see SONY push the PS3 in that direction as well as gaming. Will be there be a PS4 sometime before Nov. 2016? Maybe. But even though the PS3 is not enjoying the success the PS2 had, I can easily see heavy software support from all developers from years to come on the PS3.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network

only the future will tell... Sony as good game in the future so why not...

I'd say closer to 8 years. But I guess 10 is possible, Sony love their damn 10 year lifecycles.

No... I think if there's another holiday season this year like last year's, the ps3 might be phased out in 2010.

Batman...WTF? said:
Nope. Sony has lost a lot of money and 2008 was supposed to be the PS3's big year (All those 2009 guys can shut it, you know you thought it'd be 2008). It'll keep going, but 10 years is improbable, if not impossible

lol the foolishness.

its not only probable but nescesary.

No one is rushing these days to kick of the next gen, no one.  Economies for one mean they will stick to what they got longer then before even MS is in no position to pull another rush job.  Wii2 can come when ever but it wont have PS3 power since nintendo wont spend billions on high tech hardware thast will mean the other wont have a need to relses a new console thats if nin makes wii2 quickly. 

everything points to one long ass gen, easily will be the longest in this industrys history.

Around the Network

PS3 3D will be out in 2010 and the PS4 in 2014.

CGI-Quality said:

@ FelmanX
Agreed

@ Undying
You're constant trolling and bashing is quite sad. Why not respond to the OP with an ACTUAL answer...

I was pointing out why the PSP is still around.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

hell yh baby you are talking about the ps tripple you are talking about the sony console you are talking about the

sony playstation multimedia functionality high def bluray 1080p 4d gaming and entertainment system 3.

Why would it not last for many many years

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

possibly 8 years at the most.

Of course Sony wants it to make all the money back that it lost they have to market it for 10 years.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller