By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you think the ps3 gonna live 10 years just like the ps2 ?

Do you think the ps3 gonna live 10 years just like the ps2 ?

Around the Network

The PSP has been around a while with terrible support. The Playstation 2 has been round less that 10 year but true support with high end exclusives end back in 2006. It only get multi-plateform releases.  PS3 could be around 10 years but I doubt it will be supported by third parties.

Probably not exactly like the PS2.

CIHYFS?

Do you?

I'm not sure. With blu ray and all I think its a possibility, but unlikely. Then again it alll depends on what the competitors do. If they release a new console at a similar price point then I say heck no.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

Around the Network

I don't think so.... I think the fact that Sony is not in a good place to cut the price now will help in extending it's life somewhat, but I still don't htink it will reach 10 years. 7 likely, 8 at a stretch.

hell yeah it will its got blu ray format , a HDD, and The CELL

Look at the economy do think MS and Sony will come out with a new console as fast as the past gens were coming not likely Sony knew that thats why i think the PS3 was built as powerful as it is to last a long time

Play Me

I think it'll reach the 10yr target.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

they can sell it like it but they likely also have a ps4 going on.

especially since both m$ and nintendo are not in  hurry to release their next consoles.

Impossible. No retailer wants to stock on PS3's when they can sell the new Xbox and Wii like hotcakes.