By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New NiGHTS preview + screens (looking a lot better...)

naznatips said:
Yeah this is a huge difference from the early screens. We can probably attribute that to them simply being pre-alpha shots and missing a lot of the more detailed graphical effects.

As someone who played the original NiGHTS, this game means as much to me as the Big 3 on the Wii... I understand that this won't be the case for those who haven't, but this game as SO much potential with motion controls.

I agree it could be awesome but I have lost much faith in Sega creating a quality game anymore.  This isn't the same Sega it was during even the dreamcast era.  I own night and love it, but I have my doubts with the current Sega.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network

The freedom of flight, is in your hands! With just the wave of your hand~~~~~ oooh the happiness.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

johnsobas said:
naznatips said:
Yeah this is a huge difference from the early screens. We can probably attribute that to them simply being pre-alpha shots and missing a lot of the more detailed graphical effects.

As someone who played the original NiGHTS, this game means as much to me as the Big 3 on the Wii... I understand that this won't be the case for those who haven't, but this game as SO much potential with motion controls.

I agree it could be awesome but I have lost much faith in Sega creating a quality game anymore. This isn't the same Sega it was during even the dreamcast era. I own night and love it, but I have my doubts with the current Sega.

Well yeah, I'm not going to blindly accept the game even if it's bad.  It must be good and it must be true to the style that made the original NiGHTS what it was.  I can't blame you (or anyone) for being skeptical.  The only good Sega game I have played since the Dreamcast is Sonic Rush on DS, which was the best Sonic since Sonic and Knuckles.  Sonic and the Secret Rings was good, though far from perfect and there is still a lot of room for improvement.  However, I think they are on track to creating a good 3D sonic.

I haven't played the original...I honestly don't think I'll have played the original by the time this game comes out...so I don't know what to expect.

All I know is that it's Sega, and that worries me. So I don't have huge expectations for this game. If it turns out to be amazing, that's great, and I'll buy it. If not...I'll pass on and continue Smashing.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Sega's been getting better lately....Virtua Tennis, Virtua Fighter, Secret Rings, Monkey Ball, the Total War series, Crush, not to mention a lot of their upcoming stuff is looking incredibly promising. Universe at War, Virtua Fighter 5 Online, Sonic Rush Adventure, Sega Rally Revo, Valykrie of the Battlefield, and now NiGHTS.

Sega's been going through a lot of growing pains since they went 3rd party, especially after the Sammy merger. It's been pretty obvious going by their rhetoric, that they realize they've been giving us a lot of crap lately, especially via Sonic, and are now ready to change it up and give us something good.

Around the Network

These screen shots are definitely better than the ones from a few months ago and I hope that the development of this game continues to show these kind of improvements. Of course Sonic didn't look too bad either and we know what we got there. Not a terrible game, but not great either. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

the game is made by sonic team, therefore i still believe this game is gonna bomb.

There are only two reasons companies keep game details secret: to surprise you with all the cool stuff, or to hide all the crappy stuff.

It sounds to me like Sega is doing #1, at least with this game.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Ari_Gold said:
the game is made by sonic team, therefore i still believe this game is gonna bomb.

Worries me too. Everyone was raving about Secret Rings, and its one of the worst gameplay experiences I have ever purchased. It could have been so good... so easily.

Still - hoping that NiGHTS is based on an existing gameplay model that people love, so it can't go all that wrong. 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:
Ari_Gold said:

Worries me too. Everyone was raving about Secret Rings, and its one of the worst gameplay experiences I have ever purchased. It could have been so good... so easily.

Still - hoping that NiGHTS is based on an existing gameplay model that people love, so it can't go all that wrong.

Unlike Sonic? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!