By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3's 2009 exclusive list may not be so impressive after all.

Overall Wii's list is most impressive to me, especially since it has something in all genres.

I'm looking forward to:

Shooter: House of the Dead, Sin & Punishment 2, The Conduit
Action Adventure: Broken Sword, MadWorld, Deadly Creatures
Horror: Cursed Mountain, Fatal Frame IV
J-games: Fragile (!!), Muramasa (!), Arc Rise, Little King's Story, MH3

And that's just what's announced now! People will probably continue to whine about Wii, but the exclusive content looks insane.

Xbox360 doesn't have a lot exclusives for me next year: Alan Wake and Star Ocean, but RE5 will make up for that. And hopefully Mass Effect 2. And maybe I can finally work on the backlog of great games I missed (Fallout/Fable maybe even try Oblivion).

PS3 really misses GT5.

Around the Network

God of War 3 > 360 and Wii's lists combined.

That games going to be insaaaane I can't wait.

Predictions.

1. Wii will never reach 50% market share.

2. Kz2 will sell 1.3 first week 3.5 LT.
Sales predictions for 09.

Wii - 69 - 72
PS3 - 32 - 34
X360 - 39 - 41

BengaBenga said:

Overall Wii's list is most impressive to me, especially since it has something in all genres.

I'm looking forward to:

Shooter: House of the Dead, Sin & Punishment 2, The Conduit
Action Adventure: Broken Sword, MadWorld, Deadly Creatures
Horror: Cursed Mountain, Fatal Frame IV
J-games: Fragile (!!), Muramasa (!), Arc Rise, Little King's Story, MH3

And that's just what's announced now! People will probably continue to whine about Wii, but the exclusive content looks insane.

Xbox360 doesn't have a lot exclusives for me next year: Alan Wake and Star Ocean, but RE5 will make up for that. And hopefully Mass Effect 2. And maybe I can finally work on the backlog of great games I missed (Fallout/Fable maybe even try Oblivion).

PS3 really misses GT5.

resident evil 5 is multiplatform. and most of wii titles are unknown quality except for nintendo quality, so kinda hard how much they will sell or be rated.

but true wii have the most.

Only MH3, DQ X (who knows when that one will release) and some unannounced 1st party games (I know they will be good :P) interest me on the Wii and those are a very long ways away. Thankfully I have my trusty PS3 and wonderful PC. :P

Wii has the most exclusives in terms of quantity. XBox 360 has the best quality exclusives. None of the PS3 exclusives appeal to me in anyway.

Around the Network
numonex said:
Wii has the most exclusives in terms of quantity. XBox 360 has the best quality exclusives. None of the PS3 exclusives appeal to me in anyway.

Then you are a fanboy and not a gamer.

Too bad. You lose out on so much...

OT:

Take away the games coming on PC and a different story appears:

Wii: 51 exclusives

PS3: 14 (13 discounting LA Noire) exclusives

360: 10 (9 if you discount Halo:Chronicles as it has no confirmed 2009 release yet) exclusives

list is a bit pointless though. as even the author said many more games will be announced soon

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Judge by the number of games you'll purchase from the list not how long the list is. Must-buys IMO are:

On ps3: GOW3, Heavy Rain, Infamous, KZ2, WKC and Uncharted 2

On 360: Alan Wake, Halo Wars, Halo Chronicles, Halo 3:ODST, SO4 and Conviction* (too many Halo games but judging by it's immense fanbase, I can't discount it)

On Wii: Madworld, The Conduit, Disaster:DOC, Wii Sports Resort, Spore, MH3 (don't know about outside JP), FFCC, Pikimin 3 and Little King's Story

When it's all filtered down, the lists don't look very different. The ps3 just has only "dedicated exclusives" much like the xbox last gen. It kinda like how the xbots of last gen used to say that the xbox had the best quality of games. They were right in the sense that the xbox got no "filler" games last gen while the ps2 got lots of "filler".

PS2 is the wii this gen: lots of exclusives but not many that you'll actually play.

Xbox360 is somewhere in between.

Xbox is PS3 this gen: few top quality exclusives but you'll buy most of them.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Why do you put Ninja Blade in the Xbox 360 list, and do you exclude Demon's Souls from the PS3 list? Perhaps we will have surprise with one those, but the general consensus is that both games will likely be 65-79% games.

Anyway, those list are stupid. I'm sure that Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony will anounce some games and that some of those that have been in devolopement for years will be delayed to 2010, and some of them will of course disappoint. Dind't people put Haze and Too Human in those 2008 lists?
Let's judge the line-up of each console at the end of the year.

which list is most impressive depends on who you ask. Personally I see games I'd like to play on all 3 systems and couldn't care for the fanboy rants...

Kyros said:
lol quantity and quality.

God of War 3 vs. Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad vs. Crayola Colorful World

What an unbiased comparison of games you have made.