By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3's 2009 exclusive list may not be so impressive after all.

Jeronimo66 said:
For 2009, PS3 got 2 exclusives thats decent and 1 exclusive thats good and those are:

Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
God of War 3 (this is the good one)

God of war 3 will NOT be released in 2009, the reason I believe it will not be released this year is because it was shown THIS YEAR for the FIRST TIME in VIDEO ONLY format, which means, the game is NOT coming out this year, I have NEVER seen a game first shown in VIDEO ONLY format and then gets released the same year it was first shown, if there was a gameplay video shown of God of War 3 this year I would have no problem believing it will be released this year. Killzone 2 was first shown in VIDEO ONLY format in 2005 and is NOW getting a release, almost 4 years later.

that leaves only 2 decent games coming to the PS3 in 2009,

Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2

Now on to 360,

GTA 4: Lost and Damned (I don't care what anybody says any game with 10-20 hours of gameplay counts as a full game.)
Halo 3: ODST (It's Halo, nuff said)

Now looking at the timelines Killzone 2 will have to prove that it can beat the best shooting game this generation, Gears of War 2 (which is now fixed for online), yes, I know Gears of War 2 is a 2008 title, but it's a new game, it's only been out for 2 months and will only be out for 3 months on feburary 7th the month Killzone 2 is coming out but its still the shooter that Killzone 2 is going to have to prove it can beat on the Xbox 360, not Halo, I think we all know who will win that battle, then you got GTA 4: Lost and Damned, Sony has no answer to this in quarter one, then later in the year you have Uncharted 2 going up against Halo 3: ODST, again, we all know whats going to happen there.

PS3 MAY have the most exclusives coming out in 2009, but it's not about just 2009, it's about the Xbox 360s lineup to date versus the PS3s, that's why I threw in Gears of War 2 as a game thats competiting in 2009, when you think about it Gears of War 2 was released late 2008, November 7th to be exact, so it's practically a 2009 title anyway.

That leaves 3 games on Xbox 360 for 2009,

Gears of War 2, GTA 4: Lost and Damned, and Halo 3 ODST.

that's 2 on PS3 versus 3 on Xbox 360.

LOL @ PS3s lineup.

LOL at this whole post.  This goes up there with the most fanboyish posts of all time.

Around the Network

Crayola Colorful world for Wii sounds promising

Here are my most hyped

PS3(Note sorry I really doubt GOW3 will make it in 09 >_>)
# Heavy Rain
# Infamous
# Killzone 2
# Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
# White Knight Chronicles

# Star Ocean: The Last Hope
# Halo: Chronicles
# Halo 3: ODST
# Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures*
# Alan Wake*

Wii
# Arc Rise Fantasia
# The Conduit
# MadWorld
# Monster Hunter 3
# Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Former something....

To OP: some of the Wii games sound like shovelware to me:
Grey's Anatomoy
Help Wanted
EA sports active ect

I would say Wii has 25-30 decent/good exclusives though, still by far the biggest.
I am personally planning to buy Little King's Story, Pikmin 3, and Kloanoa.

whatever

LOL at this whole post. This goes up there with the most fanboyish posts of all time.

- You're really hurting my feelings.

You obviously have nothing to say because I speak the truth.

Come up with an actual response next time,

LOL

Around the Network
Kyros said:
lol quantity and quality.

God of War 3 vs. Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad vs. Crayola Colorful World

Troll much?

Of course you wont mention Star Ocean 4 or Monster Hunter 3.

Hope you grow up one day.

Kyros said:
lol quantity and quality.

God of War 3 vs. Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad vs. Crayola Colorful World

haha... you lolz, but you wont lolz when an RTS sells more copies then Sony's flagship FPS series and then an "add-on" totally crushes the number it put up over the year in a couple of weeks.  The "quality" you seem so fond of is mearly an illusion in your mind... Killzone 2 seems to have quality, but then if it didn't it would be shit on by everyone... the damn game has been in development for closing on 4 years when it gets released and they have been pumping money into it like crazy.  As for God of War 3... well we'll see... the series has done well, but the game play machanics are old and could use a little playing around with.

@BengaBenga

You get offended by every Wii comment someone posts...DO YOU WORK FOR NINTENDO? I think your too old to be a fanboy...

Anyways I was giving my opinion...SINCE THE WII DOESNT HAVE MANY MULTIPLATFORM GAMES...so its OBVIOUS that they would have the most Exclusive games SINCE MOST GAMES FOR THE WII ARE MADE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WHAT THE WII OFFERS WHICH IS ITS INNOVATIVE CONTROLLER...stop being a fanboy

coolestguyever said:
Crayola Colorful world for Wii sounds promising

yes it does... very interesting

Just2Fresh said:
@BengaBenga

You get offended by every Wii comment someone posts...DO YOU WORK FOR NINTENDO? I think your too old to be a fanboy...

Anyways I was giving my opinion...SINCE THE WII DOESNT HAVE MANY MULTIPLATFORM GAMES...so its OBVIOUS that they would have the most Exclusive games SINCE MOST GAMES FOR THE WII ARE MADE TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF WHAT THE WII OFFERS WHICH IS ITS INNOVATIVE CONTROLLER...stop being a fanboy

lol, hilarious.

Where's my fanboy comment? Where did I say any of the games on Wii's list is better? I even mentioned looking forward to RE5, SO4 and Alan Wake.

I really have this great picture in my head of you and some others that come into this thread hyping the HD list and expecting another crappy Wii list. Then you see 56 Wii exclusives, of which at least 20 are definitely quality-gamers-games. After that it's all unfair, because the multiplatform games aren't inluded, lol.

So I tell you why I comment: read the thread title. It will give you a clue what the thread is about.