By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3's 2009 exclusive list may not be so impressive after all.

The

I'm sure all the Killzone 2 haters would react the same way if tomorrow they'd find out KZ2 is coming to the X360 as well. Fanboyism is ridiculous.

- If Killzone 2 is anounced tomorrow for 360 of course 360 fans would be happy, not because they want the game but because the game sonyboys hyped so much as an EXCLUSIVE is no longer exclusive, very few xboys would secretly want Killzone 2 on Xbox.

But you do make some good points, your post was good, but I didnt intend to upset any true gamers like yourself, just the sonyboys

I had to say something to all this "ps3 has a better lineup for 2009 crap", I wouldnt say 360 has a better lineup either both consoles have good lineups in my opinion.

Around the Network
deathgod33 said:
its quality over quantity. almost all of wii's exclusives are unheard of, and half of 360's too. god of war 3, killzone 2 are sure AAA titles on the other hand.

So the 4th game in the most frightning horror series is of questionable quality, while the sequel to a very mediocre shooter is a sure AAA game? Sure. Some people will simply say anything to keep telling themselves that also in 2009 Wii won't be a "real" gamers console, lol.

Before evryone starts tripping: I totally expect KZ2 to be very good.

The Wii has "the most exclusives"... because it doesn't often get the benefit of crossplats with the HD consoles.

I'm not sure how a comparison between Wii exclusives, and either of the HD consoles, makes sense, from that perspective. If you compared the Wii exclusives and crossplats, against the exclusives and crossplats available to either of the HD consoles, that would be more worthy of attention.

Comparing exclusives is meaningless if its not relevant to the number of quality games coming to a console.  By not having the crossplatform titles, the Wii has a shortage of overall quality titles, not a plethora, as this "report" implies.  Pretending that exclusives define the platform, when the competing platforms have such a huge crossplat advantage, is just a spin tactic to get around the fundamental issue that means anything to most gaming consumers.

In Wii fantasyland, where the PS3s and 360s get no more cross-platform games than the Wii, this exclusives list has "big meaning".  Otherwise, comparing exclusives, when that's all you've got going for you, is... kinda desperate, don't you think?  

Feel free to not make Wii fans look foolish, by posting this kind of spin-garbage.  Wiis get shovelware exclusives too... I daresay that's even the majority ofthe list -- applause?

1. Wii doesn't have games
2. Wii only has Nintendo games
3. Lol, all 3rd party games are shovelware
4. Wii doesn't have the 3rd party blockbusters
5. Wii doesn't have as much exlusives as the PS3 and 360 combined if we include multiplats

Goalpost-------------- 5 mile --------------------->

Usul said:
It's about high quality exclusives not lots of very uninteresting games.

+1

+1 to about the high profile multiplats between PC/PS3/360 to explain the gap of exclusives between the Wii and other hardware

Around the Network
Groucho said:

The Wii has "the most exclusives"... because it doesn't often get the benefit of crossplats with the HD consoles.

I'm not sure how a comparison between Wii exclusives, and either of the HD consoles, makes sense, from that perspective. If you compared the Wii exclusives and crossplats, against the exclusives and crossplats available to either of the HD consoles, that would be more worthy of attention.

Comparing exclusives is meaningless if its not relevant to the number of quality games coming to a console.  By not having the crossplatform titles, the Wii has a shortage of overall quality titles, not a plethora, as this "report" implies.  Pretending that exclusives define the platform, when the competing platforms have such a huge crossplat advantage, is just a spin tactic to get around the fundamental issue that means anything to most gaming consumers.

In Wii fantasyland, where the PS3s and 360s get no more cross-platform games than the Wii, this exclusives list has "big meaning".  Otherwise, comparing exclusives, when that's all you've got going for you, is... kinda desperate, don't you think?  

Feel free to not make Wii fans look foolish, by posting this kind of spin-garbage.

Exactly. It is a valid point but one that I'm sure that many wii owners' cringe at.

Jeronimo66 said:
In my opinion ps3 got 3 exclusives thats decent and those are:

Killzone 2
Uncharted 2
God of War 3

God of war 3 will NOT be released in 2009, the reason I believe it will not be released this year is because it was shown THIS YEAR for the FIRST TIME in VIDEO ONLY format, which means, the game is NOT coming out this year, I have NEVER seen a game first shown in VIDEO ONLY format and then gets released the same year it was first shown, if there was a gameplay video shown of God of War 3 this year I would have no problem believing it will be released this year. Killzone 2 was first shown in VIDEO ONLY format in 2005 and is NOW getting a release, almost 4 years later.

that leaves only 2 decent games coming to the PS3 in 2009.

Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2

Now on to 360,

GTA 4: Lost and Damned (I don't care what anybody says any game with 10-20 hours of gameplay counts as a full game.)
Halo 3: ODST (It's Halo, nuff said)

Now looking at the timelines Killzone 2 will have to prove that it can beat the best shooting game this generation, Gears of War 2 (which is now fixed for online), yes, I know Gears of War 2 is a 2008 title, but it's a new game, it's only been out for 2 months and will only be out for 3 months on feburary 7th the month Killzone 2 is coming out but its still the shooter that Killzone 2 is going to have to prove it can beat on the Xbox 360, not Halo, I think we all know who will win that battle, then you got GTA 4: Lost and Damned, Sony has no answer to this in quarter one, then later in the year you have Uncharted 2 going up against Halo 3: ODST, again, we all know whats going to happen there.

PS3 MAY have the most exclusives coming out in 2009, but it's not about just 2009, it's about the Xbox 360s lineup to date versus the PS3s, that's why I threw in Gears of War 2 as a game thats competiting in 2009, when you think about it Gears of War 2 was released late 2008, November 7th to be exact, so it's practically a 2009 title anyway.

That leaves 3 games on Xbox 360,

Gears of War 2, GTA 4: Lost and Damned, and Halo 3 ODST.

that's 2 on PS3 versus 3 on Xbox 360.

LOL @ PS3s lineup.

Heavy Rain? MAG? GOW 3 will be realised in 2009, sorry to disapoint you. And you are comparing the game from 2008 with the game who hasn't been realised yet? Very smart.

GTA 4 HAS 20 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY?? Well thats for all i care. how long the game is. you know which game has alsoe more than 20 houres of gameplay? TETRIS. So be fast and buy one real quick.

HALO???Nuff said. Well if its HALO i am buying it 100% even when i dont own 360.

and yes November 7th 2008 is actually 2009. We all know Uncharted beats Gears of war in almost everything. Why dont you count Resistance 2 as PS3 title in 2009? or MGS4

BengaBenga said:
1. Wii doesn't have games
2. Wii only has Nintendo games
3. Lol, all 3rd party games are shovelware
4. Wii doesn't have the 3rd party blockbusters
5. Wii doesn't have as much exlusives as the PS3 and 360 combined if we include multiplats

Goalpost-------------- 5 mile --------------------->

Admittedly, the Wii is kind of like that line in the song from Queen "Bohemian Rhaphsody," "Nothing really matters when it comes to Wii." for some reason.

Heavens to Murgatoids.

You know what this thread has become a battle of opinions. What someone see as sucky game another might see as good game. Personally I dont really care I'll just continue to buy what I think is good regardless.

I TAKE NO SIDES

Heavy Rain? MAG? GOW 3 will be realised in 2009, sorry to disapoint you. And you are comparing the game from 2008 with the game who hasn't been realised yet? Very smart.

GTA 4 HAS 20 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY?? Well thats for all i care. how long the game is. you know which game has alsoe more than 20 houres of gameplay? TETRIS. So be fast and buy one real quick.

HALO???Nuff said. Well if its HALO i am buying it 100% even when i dont own 360.

and yes November 7th 2008 is actually 2009. We all know Uncharted beats Gears of war in almost everything. Why dont you count Resistance 2 as PS3 title in 2009? or MGS4

- Even if you count resistance 2 that game is pure crap everyone knows it since that game is out, LOL

as for the rest of your post

LOL, you cant be serious.