By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Seraphic has officially "Jumped in" ! (Epicness)

Congrats and hope you got a nice quiet model (shame it had to be arcade version though- No HDD).

Word of advice. Don't buy second hand accessories. Always brand new and keep the reciept. I've had TWO play and charge kit & one rechargeble battery die on me before the yearly warranty ran out. This when the 360 was first released so hopefully MS has sorted all this out by now.

I bought a recharge kit which is working fine (+ charges quickly) and much prefered it to the wired play and charge kit (which takes ages to recharge). Take out the batteries after they have been fully charged (indicated by the green light). Do not leave them in there as overcharging will shorten it's lifespan. Unplug the charger from the mains too (just in case).

And make sure you register your console for free 3 years warranty.

As for the interface...you'll get used to it in no time.

Around the Network
Badassbab said:
Congrats and hope you got a nice quiet model (shame it had to be arcade version though- No HDD).

Word of advice. Don't buy second hand accessories. Always brand new and keep the reciept. I've had TWO play and charge kit & one rechargeble battery die on me before the yearly warranty ran out. This when the 360 was first released so hopefully MS has sorted all this out by now.

I bought a recharge kit which is working fine (+ charges quickly) and much prefered it to the wired play and charge kit (which takes ages to recharge). Take out the batteries after they have been fully charged (indicated by the green light). Do not leave them in there as overcharging will shorten it's lifespan. Unplug the charger from the mains too (just in case).

And make sure you register your console for free 3 years warranty.

As for the interface...you'll get used to it in no time.

Thanks! and yeah lol, my 360 is really loud as hell, but only when i play games, sounds like a freakin jet lmao.

K i'll keep that in mind.

Register? i thought the warranty was automatic?

Sounds good, but the interface makes me dizzy so far lol, and confusing.

It is automatic but you will need to register before you can use it. You never know what might happen so might as well get it out of the way.

If you buy an HDD you can install the games on it so it'll run quietly.

^- Okay. so how do i register?

And yeah i think i'll get that 20GB deal later on.

Tales of Vesperia
LO
Fable 2

those 3 seem like great buys.

hope you enjoy your new system.

4 ≈ One

Around the Network

This may sound wrong but.. You'll just have to get used to the loud fan.

Usually my games drown it out, and I play mine on my computer desk with my HD pc monitor! I guess different consoles have different problems though. (I mean different xboxs)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Shadowblind said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Shadowblind said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Strategyking92 said:

A blend of TPS, and kotor. (knights of the old republic)

EDIT: i'm making a list, any other genres you care about besides rpg?

Sounds cool, i'll give it a go if i can find it for cheap.

Btw would it be blasphemy if i said IU > ME? :D

@Shadow- I dont have Live yet, mainly bought the 360 for exclusive single player games. :P

GAH! Your missing out on life then! ;_;

Oh well, go get Vesperia. 

..., i'd rather play IU > ToV...

Legendia was the only tales i liked...!

°_°

o_o

O_O

rofl. I found both comments wierd aswell. But hey, I know quite a few people that loved DMC2 and hated 3....

4 ≈ One

^- i see, well its no big deal, aslong as the console is still okay and gameplay is not effected. no bigie.

Can ya give me some heads up on this register stuff for the 3 year thing btw?

Edit: @ King.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

And lovin it, Dual HD consoles is gaming heaven...

&

--------

--------

This "Jump in" was brought to you by ...

______________________________________________________________________________________

Alright now that thats done with, i have quite a feq questions. Bare with me and my noob-ishness. :D

1. I have the Arcade model (Duh.) soley for SO4 and SO4 alone, yet games like LO and IU peak my interest but i heared both IU and LO require an internet connection for some sort of weird update for both games, and i dont plan to buy that Wi-Fi thing so is there anyway around this issuse or am i damned? (You can buy the XBOX 1 Wifi for 30 bones)
  2. Can i freely upgrade my 360's HDD at some point if i so choose, and if "yes" then is it simple like the PS3's HDD swaping? (You gotta buy a new hard drive)
  3. The interface is very odd to me, i may have played games at my local wal-mart and Gamestop but NEVER used the interface once during those times, and it feel very unstable and awkward VS the PS3's XMB any hints or tips to get my self use to it quicker? (Once you get used to it,the PS3 XBM will be outdated)
  4. Is there anyway to charge up my 360's controller without using batterys? Via what PS3's does when connected to a USB port. (Buy an battery charge kit,its 20 bones and its just like the PS3 controller,no batteries)
  5. Xbox Live, ... this may sound absurd... but truth be told i dont know what exactly it is and how to use it, i know this isnt a big deal right now since i dont even have wi-fi or an ether-net cable but i'd like to know more about it since it seems top-notch, i'd also like my own personal review of both XBL and PSN.
  6. What sorts of XBL memberships are there? i always thought there was only gold but my buddy from PSN says theres Silver and its free but you still cant play online, is this true or false?(Silver is free and you can talk to your buddys online,download demos,trailers and everything else,Gold is $$$ but you can play online)
  7. All multi-platform games i will buy for my PS3 since im most comfortable there and 80% or more of my buddies use the PS3 for online, so with that said, name me some exclusive games i may deem worthy. its pretty obvious what my fave genres are (for those who know me around here) :P ..(L4D!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

_______________________________________________________________________________________}

Well thats about it i guess, feels kinda weird for me, i've NEVER owned anything MS made other then PC's and i feel odd owning a console from them, but the free arcade games that came with it are decently fun and i enojyed the few i played well done MS.

And @my PS3 brothers- im not betraying you guys Nor am i gonna be bias, i'll do my best as a new member of the Dual-HD console owners to treat both consoles with equal respect and gaming time they both deserve. Cheerz every1 lulz!!

HD FTW!!!11eleven!!!!

I never had to register mine

"I envy you. You North Americans are very lucky. You are fighting the most important fight of all- you live in the heart of the beast." 

Ernesto "Che" Guevara.