By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Seraphic has officially "Jumped in" ! (Epicness)

TRios_Zen said:

Finally, if you plug your 360 into the net for the NXE update, and then disconnect from the net, you never have to worry about a game needing an update, as your box will never know there is one out there...

This.

As others have recommended I highly suggest you check out Mass Effect and Fable 2.

Around the Network

@Seraphic -

The way the RRoD warranty is this: You get a 3 year, $0.00 cost-to-you warranty in case of an RRoD occuring.

If you get RRoD, you have 2 options:

1) Request a printable label from Microsoft.com. It's postage paid, but you'll need to use your own box & packing material. The advantage is that you can get your X360 back around ~1 week from it dying if you sent it same day.

2) Request a 'coffin' from MS. They will mail you a postage-paid box with packing materials, and the like. The advantage is you don't need to buy, or use a box of your own, at the cost of taking an extra 3-4 days to repair.

Now, the neat thing with the warranty is that it's based on when your system is registered, or fixed. The advantage with this is that if your system does RRoD, the warranty gets extended an extra 3 years. I bought my 360 at launch (November 22, 2005). My warranty is still good till 2011 for RRoD.

As for the argument(s) about Falcon reliability, it's hard to get a definitive answer, as we never got one from Microsoft, or anyone concerning the initial failure rate of the 1st-gen X360s.

However, NeoGAF has a comprehensive aggregate of RRoD and other issues with Xbox 360's. They currently have tracked over 1,300 unique Xbox 360 failures. As it stands, only 32 of the 1,349 consoles have been Falcons, and this is as of January 16th, 2009. That's very staggering given how long Falcons have been in the wild (about 15 months).

You can view the data here:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=14393794&postcount=9605

Although it's by no means definitive, it's a pretty strong argument that Falcons have greatly reduced the occurrence of RRoD. 0 Jaspers have been failed, as of now on NeoGAF.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Your probably done with this thread by now but I'll tell you something most people I've realised don't know, you can play the Halo 3 social playlists with a silver account as well as any game that has a pc version of itself. That means that you can also play the original GoW online with only a silver account.

The definitive evidence that video games turn people into mass murderers

my brother got an xbox only for halo, and look how that turned out. he now has more than 20 360 games. so even though now you think you only have a 360 for SO4, just wait a couple of months and you'l want to buy more games.

Barozi said:
Infamy79 said:
If you have the Falcon model you can get the cheap 20GB HDD from Microsoft

This. Use the link TRios_Zen wrote in his post.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

2) Yeah, WRPGs, FPS, PUZZLES *Im loving the Arcade Puzzle game that came with the 360 real fun*, Racers, Action, Platformers, ActionJRPG's, SJRPG's, Etc...

JRPG: Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Infinite Undiscovery

WRPG: Mass Effect, Fable 2, Fallout 3 (has no multiplayer + great PC/360 only DLCs), Too Human (give the demo a try - some love it, some hate it)

FPS: Left 4 Dead, Halo 3, Condemned Criminal Origins, Prey, Perfect Dark Zero

Puzzles:Beautiful Katamari, I'm sure there are tons of XBL Arcade puzzle games

Racers: Project Gotham Racing 4 (Arcade/Simulation), Forza 2 (Simulation), Burnout Revenge (current gen exclusive - LOL), Test Drive Unlimited (Arcade/Simulation)

Action: Crackdown !!!!, Saints Row, Dead Rising, Ninja Gaiden 2

Platformers: Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts (no it's NOT a racer), Kameo

TPS: Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

Bolded = Older games, but still very good

Thanks for the info man, are any of the older games below $20 by now? like the original gears or perfect dark?

@Mrstickball- Thanks man, i know what ya mean lol, so basicly not even a quater of falcons have failed right? from that data anyways. truth be told that was the only reason i disliked the 360 for a long time, but since you put it that way i feel more safe when it comes to my 360 now, which im freaking loving atm, cant wait for SO4!!!

@SHMUP- i dont have a wireless router for the 360 yet, but when i do sure. :P

Around the Network
Rainbird said:
If you want to get Tales of Vesperia, you should get around now.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=56828

Well that explains why i couldn't find any at Toys R Us or Gamestop.

Except used.... for 55....

Which was a hard pill to swallow... with new last Remnant selling for 40...

Also.  Get the Hard Drive replacement deal.   30 bucks for a 20 gig HD and 3 months live.

Congratz. Get crackdown. And mass effect. DO IT.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
Congratz. Get crackdown. And mass effect. DO IT.

Thanks! :D

How does Mass Effect play?

A blend of TPS, and kotor. (knights of the old republic)

EDIT: i'm making a list, any other genres you care about besides rpg?

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Whether you like FPS or not; get Left 4 Dead, and JOIN US AS WE DESTROY ALL SURVIVORS and etc. etc. Its really fun on LIVE.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.