By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - (Probably) First Heavenly Sword review - This is next gen!

carlos710 said:

Some issues with collision detection"
The first and last ones are HUGE problems for me. And it should be for most people, specially the last one. When the collision detection doesn't works the game can become frustrating pretty easily.

Problems with collision detection are really small - "really delicate problems with collision detection when you don't use aftertouch while shooting Kai's crossbow (only)" - it's almost a non-factor for reviewer. No crap a'la Madden. 

Around the Network
staticneuron said:
Some of the greatest games I have ever played were under 10 hours. I am they type of gamer that doesn't care about extra's nor multiplayer.

Gears of war, metal gear solid and metal gear solid 2 and shadows of the colossus are the few games off of the top of my head in which I finished very quickley but enjoyed them so much I honestly couldn't complain. All of them had great replay value because they were such good games.

Honestly, anyone who has been gaming as long as I have, really wouldn't be complaining about multiplayer or extra's in a video game. Now most of the extra's are just a time sink and multiplayer is viewed as a welcome addition instead of a requirement. Give me a polished game and ill be satisfied, look at bioshock. Single player and if you wanted to you can blow through the game.

10- hours of game were good before 1997  for me. And yes, i have been playing for a long, long time.

In gears of war, you can get easily 50+ hours of multiplayer action. 

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"

carlos710 said:

In gears of war, you can get easily 50+ hours of multiplayer action. 

If you can play online of course..

dtewi said:
You told someone they were making weird predictions, i think 9.5 million is a "weird" prediction.

So saying the psp will only sell 25million by year's end is not a wierd prediction? Even though a new psp is coming out and in japan pre orders are exceeding exectations. You may think 9.5million is a wierd prediction but anything is possible especially with a ps console.

mM

Well, to have comments like "No Secrets, few types of enemies" and still get a 9, the story must be very good (Hooray) or they must have found the same combat rather engrossing.

I found the demo shockingly easy. So the lack of enemy variation somewhat worries me, but a review is a review. I just look for too many different things to trust them.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Around the Network

It's good to see the self declared hardcore gamers are willing to give a short but sweet game the time of day. I was beginning to worry if the game wasn't an epic 100+hour marathon of a game that you guys didn't want anything to do with it. First it was the Halo 3 beta that caused the "hardcore crowd" to relearn that graphics aren't everything.  Now Heavenly Sword is reminding them that game length is also not everything I'm happy to say the "hardcore" gamer's progression to sanity continues.

albionus said:
It's good to see the self declared hardcore gamers are willing to give a short but sweet game the time of day. I was beginning to worry if the game wasn't an epic 100+hour marathon of a game that you guys didn't want anything to do with it. First it was the Halo 3 beta that caused the "hardcore crowd" to relearn that graphics aren't everything.  Now Heavenly Sword is reminding them that game length is also not everything I'm happy to say the "hardcore" gamer's progression to sanity continues.

Did the hardcore gamers complained about the short MGS and GOW games?

Less than 10 hours would not be very epic.

leo-j said:
starcraft said:
@Louie

Yeah i didnt notice that. All the "positives" are graphics and sounds and all the detractors are gameplay affectors. Also unlike gears which had a VERY strong multiplayer to supplement its short single-player, i dont think HS has a single-player

I wouldn't call gears online a "strong multiplayer".

Then you would be mistaken... like usual though lol.

Just kiss the tip.

konnichiwa said:
albionus said:

Did the hardcore gamers complained about the short MGS and GOW games?

The last MGS game was before the current "hardcore/real gamers" decided they were a seperate group.  As for GoW (Gears of War I take it?) it has plenty of replay and online multiplayer so until defending Heavenly Sword's length became the vogue I don't recall anyone saying it was short.   Just a few months ago the hardcore mantra was we only play epic games, epic games, epic games (with the insinuation that such games were only possible on the PS360).  Granted the reviewer called at least the story in this game "epic" but as I mentioned before they seem to not understand what an epic story is.  At any rate, an epic game this is not yet the hardcore gamers seem to like it, which is an improvement.