By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which one should I buy ? PS3 or Xbox 360 ?

Ok, here the point : I want to buy a new console this weekend. I don't know which one to choose between the ps3 or the 360. I already got a wii so don't tell me a wii...

Why should I buy a PS3 ?

Why should I buy a 360 ?

Don't be so fanboy and be honnest in your comments. Thanks !

Around the Network

whichever you prefer. id suggest looking at their games. (including xbla and psn)

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Maybe you should list what you consider pro's and ons of getting each console so we can choose based on your preference.

If you just phrase the question like that most people will give you fanboy opinions.

get both, first being xbox 360...

Either or. Really depends on what you're after.
- do you want blu-ray
- what games are you after
- do you want a hard drive
- cheap or expensive console
- wireless connection
- are you willing to pay for online
etc.

Around the Network

wat MrBubbles said u should also know that ps3 has a blu ray player, built in wireless internet connection, slot loading drive like ur wii while the 360 still uses the tray, built in rechargeable battery for the controller (u would have to buy a rechargeable battery pack separate for the 360) that also has some motion control, and free online also like ur wii

Wat ever u do be sure to post wat current gen consoles u own in my thread it's in my sig

Play Me

If you have to choose 1, get the PS3. For me, the real point of seperation is the reliabilty factor. Both have good games, but the 360 could give you anything from minor to HUGE problems.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

GET WHICH ONE YOU LIKE IT'S YOUR MONEY AFTER ALL.

Lol this is sort of like my KZ2 VS SO4 thread. :D

At anyrate get the one "YOU" feel you'll have the most value out of.

I looked at your games collection, since you liked Goldeneye you might be interested in local multiplayer games, if you are the Xbox 360 does have a significant advantage in this area with both Gears of War and Halo 3 being fantastic in this arena. Theres also some 4 player Xbox Live games such as Uno and Castle-Crashers which you should take a look at also.

The Xbox 360 at this point has a significant advantage in the price of games and you can get a really good library for next to nothing. The games may be one year older, but they are just as fun.

The Xbox 360 has access to services such as Netflix which let you stream movies, satelite radio and it allows custom sound-tracks with all your games.

The use of batteries is probably an advantage for you since you already likely have recharable batteries for the Wii so the chances are you'll have charged batteries if you ever need them. You won't be forced to plug in your controller if you run out.

Lastly its cheaper! A low cost of entry for what will essentially be a 2nd fiddle system makes a lot of sense, don't you agree? If you find yourself completely besotted by the HD experience you can add a HDD to increase functionality but why pay for something you don't need initially?

Tease.