By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardest games you could not beat

Suppose I forgot to list some insanely difficult ones.  Here we go:

Ghosts 'N Goblins (seriously, I can beat Ghouls 'N Ghosts and Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts, but this kicks my ass)

Battletoads (at my peak I could get to level 13 or 14, but this game is crazy..oddly I don't have that much problem as many people do with level 3)

Ikari Warriors (try beating this with no ABBA code!)

Adventures of Dino Riki (most people give up on this because of the somewhat difficult controls)

Contra Hard Corps (this is tough...and I can beat Contra/Super C without dying) 

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network
leo-j said:
I have a friend, its a girl, she bought kingdomhearts. She couldnt get passed the beginning before sora is in the island because she didnt know how to open a door...

Me? I beat every game I touch.

Find an NES emulator and download the ROMs for Kid Icarus, Castlevania, Mega Man, Battletoads, TMNT, Contra, Ghosts n Goblins, and Ikari Warriors and play them all.

Be sure to post pictures in this thread after you throw your computer chair through your monitor.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

@ twesterm

No....=(

DAMN U!!!

(runs off to play Sonic 1)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

DKC II i recently purchased off teh VC... damn hard but not unbeatable...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I finished True Lies for Snes yesterday.

@Kasz216
Bad Dudes is not so hard when you figure the game out. I can get to the last stage (without using a continue). The last stage is a joke, you have to fight all bosses again and the last boss. I did some emulator runs to figure out tatics for the game and now I can beat it everytime.
@leo-j
You must have started playing VG at PSX, N64 era. Some games for Nes, Genesis and Snes are not meant to be beaten by human beings.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Wow... you guys are hardcore.

My gaming accomplishments aren't that impressive compared to you freaks :P
I did take pride in collecting all 120 stars in Mario 64.
As for hardest game I could not beat, that goes to Zelda II and Journey of Silius for NES.

Oh, and I beat Mortal Kombat Mythologies with good ending despite the terrible controls.

some retro games are difficult, but the hardest game for me are the chess games with the hardest level, you need to be a pro player to beat this thing.

megaxl said:
some retro games are difficult, but the hardest game for me are the chess games with the hardest level, you need to be a pro player to beat this thing.

Intersting point.  I had not thought of that.  I had a chess game for computer once that allowed you to set up a game scenerio before playing.  I would put it on the hardest setting, but would replace all my pawns for queens.  I would force move the computer (otherwise he would think for an eternity), and play very loosely not worrying about mistakes on account of my advantage.  The surprising this was how good of a fight the AI could still put up.