By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardest games you could not beat

Solomons Key.

Bubble Bobble. Could beat it myself fine never could get a second person to beat it with me.

NARC.

Bad Dudes on NES. Arcade was pretty easy. NES had some serious control issues however.

Hogashami Ruining Blue Earth. Which I could of beat... but would of needed to level grind. Vs better equiped higher leveled soldiers the whole time the game seemed unnessesarily hard.

Lost Kingdom. Got bored with it when i was leveling up cards.

I think that's about all the games i have i haven' beat that i own.

Around the Network
quigontcb said:
There are quite a few hard games that I didn't beat, but as far as games that I spent a decent amount of time on and still didn't beat: TMNT for NES. I tried the game about a year ago(first time in over 15 years) and realized I'd have to dedicate some serious time to beat it.

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out was on this list for a long time, but I decisioned Iron Mike earlier this year.

Ninja Gaiden was also a toughie, but I had never owned or borrowed the game long enough back in the day to give it a serious shot. However, I got the game and finished it earlier this year also.

A real doozy that kicked my butt was Super Ghouls n Ghosts. Like Ninja Gaiden originally, I had only rented it, but realized that it would be a mamma jamma to beat. I got this on GBA a few years ago and still haven't beat it.

Battletoads, F-Zero GX, and quite a few shmup's are cruel in their difficulty, but I haven't put enough time in them to say I gave it a good effort.

The two tricks in TMNT 1 is to not get lost on the stage with the Patty Wagon and to have Donatello alive vs the Techno Drome.

quarashi said:
That game on the NES with the dominos pizza guy,

Yo Noid!  I love that game.  It is kinda tough.  The best part is when you get bad "rolls" and your pizza eating opponent picks all of his best cards making it impossible to win and making you redo the stage.

Also... Contra and Megaman 1 hard on IGN?  I wouldn't consider either on the top 10 hardest NES games let alone top 10 hardest games period.

TruckOSaurus said:
To me the only challenging Final Fantasy ever was the first one. Dungeons were long and without any saves at all inside. Plus you had to buy your potions one by one!! Now that's hard!

You bought potions?  I never did.  Just tents.  Then again I never buy potions period as I refuse to use healing items in RPGs. 

Kasz216 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
To me the only challenging Final Fantasy ever was the first one. Dungeons were long and without any saves at all inside. Plus you had to buy your potions one by one!! Now that's hard!

You bought potions? I never did. Just tents. Then again I never buy potions period as I refuse to use healing items in RPGs.

Um, why not?  I am extremely stingy with them too, but I still keep a few on hand and use them if I have to. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
D-FENS said:
Great idea! I love these kind of lists. I predict this list to be NES heavy, with a good concentration of SNES/GENESIS, but very little in the way of recent games.

1. Battle of Olympus (NES): One of my alltime favorite games. BUT . . . Some bosses were REALLY tough. Some stages were filled with ridiculously annoying monsters and/or instant death pits (Crete, Phygiria, I'm looking at YOU). It was an RPG/Adventure game, except the game told you absolutely NOTHING useful about where you should go, or what you should do. Generally, you just wandered around until you [hopefully] killed something, or ran into somebody and got a treasure. What's more, the really GOOD stuff you had to buy in dangerous, remote locations. But you lost like 1/2 your money if you died! [Also, if you continued, you started with 0 money!] It was impossible to save up and hike out to these areas [because you'd fall in a pit and die, or get hit by 15 flying monkey snakes and die] and it was equally impossible to camp out at one of them and earn the money there [see above]. To top it all off, instead of a battery save, you got this asinine password that was 60 characters long (seriously), full of 1's I, 8's B's, 6's G's, etc, etc. [You can guess how many of THOSE were miscopied!]

Battle of Olympus is one of my all-time favorites, partly because it is so difficult (I enjoy a challenge as long as it's fair).  Great characters, areas, music, gameplay, bosses, items, riding Pegasus, a dolphin!  Just a fantastic game that I'd recommend to anyone who knows any non-F-Zero GX GameCube game is relatively easy.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Final-Fan said:
Kasz216 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

You bought potions? I never did. Just tents. Then again I never buy potions period as I refuse to use healing items in RPGs.

Um, why not?  I am extremely stingy with them too, but I still keep a few on hand and use them if I have to. 

I found that even when i had potions i'd rather die and start over from the last save point then use them.  I'm a compulsive saver so i've never gotten way to far into a game where losing a battle would set me back too much.

ET. Played it on my dad's old Atari.

Atari... ha I forgot about the Atari.

Add to that list....

Karateka. I couldn't even figure out the control scheme to that game... it would take me 2 muntes to run... then i wouldn't be able to stop and would get kicked in the face.

galaga ;)