Forums - Gaming Discussion - Hardest games you could not beat

Ghost and goblins(Nes)
Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles (nes)
Battletoads(Nes)
Contra 3 (Snes)
Metroid(nes)

"You'll never know what you can do unless you try"

Around the Network

I beat the Batman Returns, but the original Batman on the NES gave me fits. Journey to Silius, Blaster Master, R-type, Gradius, Punchout, and of all things Castlevania lie in the unbeaten catagory. I have since bought the original Castlevania for the GB Advanced and I still can't beat the damn thing!

nes
1. Double Dragon 3 2. Battletoads 3. Mike Tyson on Punch Out
snes
Final Fantasy 2 & 3 .... If u beat these 2 every other square game seams easy
Street Fighter 2, Killer Instinct, & Mortal Kombat 3 ..... without continuing ... each boss was so mercilous .... I'd want to throw the controller
n64
BlastCorps

Looking through the thread, the only one I played and couldn't beat was Ninja Gaiden.

I never finished FF8, because I got bored, or FF10, because it was my roommate's and we went our separate ways after sophomore year.

Edit: I'ver never played Battletoads for the NES, which comes up a lot.  

Robocop 3 and True Lies for Snes. Everyone knows games based on movies suck, but not that they are supposed to be hard.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

Guess what all... I beat Sonic the Hedgehog 1... YES!!

(scratches Sonic 1 off list of games i could not beat)

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

I also would have to put Simpsons Hit and Run on my list. I have never beaten the very last level. I've tried a thousand times. Gave up on the game forever. The time limit is like so timed.

PS3 60GB: July 25, 2007

Currently playing: Rampage (PSN), The Getaway Black Monday (PS2 Game)

Planning to Get: Oblivion, Mortal Combat II 

GOT to be Super Ghouls 'N' Ghosts (SNES).

I feel you all who mentioned Bayou Billy but I actually beat that bastard long ago when my preteen reflexes were sharp as a tack. I musta been high off the sugar from my Nintendo Cereal System or something to beat that monster!

There's many games I could mention like Mega Man 1, Contra/Super C without the Contra code, any Ninja Gaiden from NES but even though I beat it (and more than once) I'll throw up Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 on NES.

How the HELL I EVER beat the Technodrome I'll NEVER F'n know.

Honorable mention goes out to Friday the 13th -NES- I don't think no one ever really beat that game for good.

John Lucas

(who couldn't beat Faxanadu? That's one of my favorites. I own it; original cart. Tough but handleable from where I see it.)

Words from the Official VGChartz Idiot

WE ARE THE NATION...OF DOMINATION!

Anyone beat Actraiser 2? That was a beautiful game for its time yet so dang hard. I couldn't get pass the flying stage.

Monster Hunter Freedom (PSP) freakin' HARD...