By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumble confirmed for PS3

iclim4 said:
correct me if im mistaken but, didnt Kojima say on the start of 2007 that if sony adds rumble he'll delay MGS4 to 2008 so that he could implement it?
that means MGS will have rumble.

Itactually just means that MGS4 was delayed, it doesn't confirm anything.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
VAMP said:

I'm not trying to be rude or anything (sorry if it comes across that way), but I heard this news like a month ago.

Still, it's really great news.

It was from many months ago and it's not quite confirmation yet. All it says is it can happen, no definitive answer on when and if it will happen.

It's happened. The Japanese mag says that GT5 Prologue will have rumble. EA employee has said that they already have their controllers to implement into games. What more confirmation do you need?

The news is out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182710

They report the same thing! All of this news combined is more than enough for me!

your mother said:
omgwtfbbq said:
ckmlb said:
omgwtfbbq said:
get ready to buy four NEW controllers =)

It's alright I already bought 6 for the Wii.

This is old news by the way. The rumble controllers should come out before the end of the year.

Oh my god don't get me started on that. I have:

4 Gamecube controllers
3 Wiimotes
2 Nunchucks
1 Classic controller

I seriously have no room for all these controllers, it's getting completely out of hand. The Wii's small size is nice and all but really the amount of space all the extra controllers take up more than makes up for it =(

@ckmlb:

What is the issue again? Six controllers? I would assume anyone who buys six Wii remotes would be playing games with five other people. Why else buy so many? What game on the Wii supports six players? I'd like to know so I can buy it myself.

Are there any PS3 games that let you play up to six people simultaneously while using less than six controllers?

Should I complain that I have to buy six additional controllers and a multitap for my PS2 because I want to play Winning Eleven with my friends?

So again... what is the issue?

@omgwtfbbq:

Four gamecube controllers - you got those for the gamecube first, or you got them for the Wii?

One Classic controller - you got those to play VC games when a GCN controller can do the same?

I would see an issue with your comment if you were somehow forced to buy all those controllers - which may be the case. However, if you have four GCN controllers I would have to assume that you actually have games that you play with three other players, for which you would need all those controllers, thereby rendering your comment a non-issue but rather a necessity in such situations.

Yes, I need four gamecube controllers to play Gamecube games with other people. However, I shouldn't need to. Why can't I use the classic controller to play Gamecube games? The buttons are all there.

I bought the classic controller for 2 reasons:

1) Wavebirds are impossible to find and wired GC controller cords are WAY too short.
2) VC games aren't designed for Gamecube controllers. Have you tried playing Super Mario World with a Gamecube controller? You need three hands!

Personally I would like to get rid of the gamecube controllers but the Wii doesn't let me play GC games with a classic controller. 

I don't quite see your point though. Why does it matter if the controller is necessary or not? I was just complaining about the number of controllers that are necessary for the Wii. I think it's a perfectly valid point, as I now have 10 different controllers and I haven't even got enough for everyone to play at once...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

Classic controllers don't have large analog shoulder triggers, which many Gamecube games utilize. I wish they would have made the Classic triggers analog...even if they weren't as big as the GC triggers, then we could have used them for GC games, but oh well.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

omgwtfbbq said:
your mother said:
omgwtfbbq said:
ckmlb said:
omgwtfbbq said:
get ready to buy four NEW controllers =)

It's alright I already bought 6 for the Wii.

This is old news by the way. The rumble controllers should come out before the end of the year.

Oh my god don't get me started on that. I have:

4 Gamecube controllers
3 Wiimotes
2 Nunchucks
1 Classic controller

I seriously have no room for all these controllers, it's getting completely out of hand. The Wii's small size is nice and all but really the amount of space all the extra controllers take up more than makes up for it =(

@ckmlb:

What is the issue again? Six controllers? I would assume anyone who buys six Wii remotes would be playing games with five other people. Why else buy so many? What game on the Wii supports six players? I'd like to know so I can buy it myself.

Are there any PS3 games that let you play up to six people simultaneously while using less than six controllers?

Should I complain that I have to buy six additional controllers and a multitap for my PS2 because I want to play Winning Eleven with my friends?

So again... what is the issue?

@omgwtfbbq:

Four gamecube controllers - you got those for the gamecube first, or you got them for the Wii?

One Classic controller - you got those to play VC games when a GCN controller can do the same?

I would see an issue with your comment if you were somehow forced to buy all those controllers - which may be the case. However, if you have four GCN controllers I would have to assume that you actually have games that you play with three other players, for which you would need all those controllers, thereby rendering your comment a non-issue but rather a necessity in such situations.

Yes, I need four gamecube controllers to play Gamecube games with other people. However, I shouldn't need to. Why can't I use the classic controller to play Gamecube games? The buttons are all there.

I bought the classic controller for 2 reasons:

1) Wavebirds are impossible to find and wired GC controller cords are WAY too short.
2) VC games aren't designed for Gamecube controllers. Have you tried playing Super Mario World with a Gamecube controller? You need three hands!

Personally I would like to get rid of the gamecube controllers but the Wii doesn't let me play GC games with a classic controller.

I don't quite see your point though. Why does it matter if the controller is necessary or not? I was just complaining about the number of controllers that are necessary for the Wii. I think it's a perfectly valid point, as I now have 10 different controllers and I haven't even got enough for everyone to play at once...

My point is if you want to play Gamecube games, you can buy a Gamecube. You will still need all those controllers to play GCN games. I mean, you can look at it another way: If the Wii wasn't fully backward-compatible with all its previous consoles, you would, on top of buying additional controllers, have to buy the consoles as well. Then, on top of having so many controllers, you would need more room for all the consoles!

Funny you should mention it, I have SMW but have yet to play it! I'll try that tonight, but I reckon by your comment it's a b!tch to play.

Around the Network

Sixaxis with rumble should have been here in november 2006.