By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumble confirmed for PS3

KBG29 said:
I have to disagree with you when you say Killzone won't have it. If it comes out in may of next year and the controller is coming end of this year, I am sure that in 5 months GG could get some vibration code done. Plus they are first party Sony, and they are working on the biggest game on the PS3, if any game would have it this would be it. HS however will not have it as it is coming oput in 3 weeks. That is not to say the devs couldn't come back and put it in a patch. Also if Sony does in fact bring back AV they will be packing it in with the system, so all future games would use it.

P.S. I am just scared what John Carmack will say about the PS3 having this new AV. He will probably say it is utter non sense. It takes up 32MB of RAM, and it is to hard to Program for.

Just Kidin LOL

I figure if they hope to submit "technical proposals" soon, it's going to be at least another full year, and probably not until holiday 08 before the new Sixaxis controllers with it are released.  Killzone 2 is supposed to be released in Q1 2008, long before rumble will be completed and implemented.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
KBG29 said:
I have to disagree with you when you say Killzone won't have it. If it comes out in may of next year and the controller is coming end of this year, I am sure that in 5 months GG could get some vibration code done. Plus they are first party Sony, and they are working on the biggest game on the PS3, if any game would have it this would be it. HS however will not have it as it is coming oput in 3 weeks. That is not to say the devs couldn't come back and put it in a patch. Also if Sony does in fact bring back AV they will be packing it in with the system, so all future games would use it.

P.S. I am just scared what John Carmack will say about the PS3 having this new AV. He will probably say it is utter non sense. It takes up 32MB of RAM, and it is to hard to Program for.

Just Kidin LOL

I figure if they hope to submit "technical proposals" soon, it's going to be at least another full year, and probably not until holiday 08 before the new Sixaxis controllers with it are released. Killzone 2 is supposed to be released in Q1 2008, long before rumble will be completed and implemented.

I fail at reading when making this thread, fission mailed. The article is dated July 5 which means the proposal would already have been done. I remember hearing a podcast on that Kojima was also including rumble into MGS4, so it is possible that other games are getting that as well. 

jhlennon1 said:
naznatips said:
KBG29 said:

Just Kidin LOL

I figure if they hope to submit "technical proposals" soon, it's going to be at least another full year, and probably not until holiday 08 before the new Sixaxis controllers with it are released. Killzone 2 is supposed to be released in Q1 2008, long before rumble will be completed and implemented.

I fail at reading when making this thread, fission mailed. The article is dated July 5 which means the proposal would already have been done. I remember hearing a podcast on that Kojima was also including rumble into MGS4, so it is possible that other games are getting that as well.

Well I certainly hope that's true.  MGS4 is another game that would be better with it. 

This is definitely old news.

Also, I don't think it's that difficult to incorporate the "possibility" of having rumble in a game. There is, after all, an option to turn it off, yes? If Sony knows it will exist, it wouldn't be hard to say, "Go ahead and code for it, we'll have it eventually." And that would please Kojima, no less.

OMG!!! Advanced vibration...must have PS3

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
omgwtfbbq said:
get ready to buy four NEW controllers =)

It's alright I already bought 6 for the Wii.

This is old news by the way. The rumble controllers should come out before the end of the year.

Oh my god don't get me started on that. I have:

4 Gamecube controllers
3 Wiimotes
2 Nunchucks
1 Classic controller

I seriously have no room for all these controllers, it's getting completely out of hand. The Wii's small size is nice and all but really the amount of space all the extra controllers take up more than makes up for it =( 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

http://boards.ign.com/ps3_general_board/b8267/148932312/p1/?10

This thread may be old but advanced vibration is here!!!

For those who don't know, evilxxvin works for EA.

omgwtfbbq said:
ckmlb said:
omgwtfbbq said:
get ready to buy four NEW controllers =)

It's alright I already bought 6 for the Wii.

This is old news by the way. The rumble controllers should come out before the end of the year.

Oh my god don't get me started on that. I have:

4 Gamecube controllers
3 Wiimotes
2 Nunchucks
1 Classic controller

I seriously have no room for all these controllers, it's getting completely out of hand. The Wii's small size is nice and all but really the amount of space all the extra controllers take up more than makes up for it =(

@ckmlb:

What is the issue again? Six controllers? I would assume anyone who buys six Wii remotes would be playing games with five other people. Why else buy so many? What game on the Wii supports six players? I'd like to know so I can buy it myself.

Are there any PS3 games that let you play up to six people simultaneously while using less than six controllers?

Should I complain that I have to buy six additional controllers and a multitap for my PS2 because I want to play Winning Eleven with my friends?

So again... what is the issue?

@omgwtfbbq:

Four gamecube controllers - you got those for the gamecube first, or you got them for the Wii?

One Classic controller - you got those to play VC games when a GCN controller can do the same?

I would see an issue with your comment if you were somehow forced to buy all those controllers - which may be the case. However, if you have four GCN controllers I would have to assume that you actually have games that you play with three other players, for which you would need all those controllers, thereby rendering your comment a non-issue but rather a necessity in such situations.

VAMP said:

I'm not trying to be rude or anything (sorry if it comes across that way), but I heard this news like a month ago.

Still, it's really great news.

It was from many months ago and it's not quite confirmation yet.  All it says is it can happen, no definitive answer on when and if it will happen.

correct me if im mistaken but, didnt Kojima say on the start of 2007 that if sony adds rumble he'll delay MGS4 to 2008 so that he could implement it?
that means MGS will have rumble.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags?