By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Obama orders halt to Gitmo trials....ALREADY

Ever heard of inoperative cells? It does not take much to flip a federal prison bus and do a snatch and grab. I would rather have the terrorists kept off soil they which to harm. Ask a Sufi or any practical jihadist what they think of a kuffar. It does not matter if you wave a PLO flag or yell Allahu Ackbar, they will do what they feel is right, Ins'allah. This is a battle of ideals, not a war of nation-states. It is the key battleground of our time. Many here should watch Lions for Lambs, a great film on the nature of this though the eyes of the media, soldiers, and politicians that impact a young man's life. Opinions matter, but I have only blood, sweat, toil, and tears to offer for this generation. Hopefully, it will not be a detrimental life of futility.

Around the Network

You love Raegan and want me to watch a bad Tom Cruise film..... how horrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:
You love Raegan and want me to watch a bad Tom Cruise film..... how horrible.

It is for the moral of it.  How old are you exactly Singnalstar?  Not a slam at you, just curious.

If its a battle of ideals then America lost a long time ago. Americas ideals are the freedoms and rights of humanity, the moment you threw them out the window you lost the battle of ideals.

This decision by Obama is giving America another chance to prove that it still believes in human rights and freedoms.

Rath said:
If its a battle of ideals then America lost a long time ago. Americas ideals are the freedoms and rights of humanity, the moment you threw them out the window you lost the battle of ideals.

This decision by Obama is giving America another chance to prove that it still believes in human rights and freedoms.

But at what cost?  If something goes down, John Q. Public, will blame the bringer of change.  Freedom should not be awarded to those who would destroy the entire Western way of life.  Did we give freedom to the Nazis?  A certain Neville Chamberlain did and that led to WWII.  No, unfortunately this is a battle that we cannot afford to lose or we will doom billions to a most certain death.  This is not fun and games and is no carnival show.

I have to go to class but if anyone wants to continue this debate, I would be happy to oblige you after 5:50 or so.  Til then, out!

Around the Network

I'm not 100% sure of what this is about, but if you're worried about Guantanamo prisoners being moved to prisons on American soil... don't. Governments around the world have already stated that they will take some of them. The UK has, for example, as well as many other EU nations.

At least, now, they won't go through torture.

SamuelRSmith said:
I'm not 100% sure of what this is about, but if you're worried about Guantanamo prisoners being moved to prisons on American soil... don't. Governments around the world have already stated that they will take some of them. The UK has, for example, as well as many other EU nations.

At least, now, they won't go through torture.

Oh I wouldn't be so sure about that.  Many want to stay here b/c they are afraid of real, hardcore torture by the Saudis, etc. Like I said above, though, I have to get to class.  Out.

NinjaKido said:
halogamer1989 said:
Ever heard of the ticking bomb scenario. I would much rather prefer the more productive approach--live feed of a staged killing of their family. No retreat, no surrender, hoo-rah.

You are nothing short of a disgrace ,  I don't mind being banned for saying that .... you are .

Calm down. He's just making a reference to 24 and trying to get under your skin.

Anyway, this is exactly what Obama should have done. He promised he would and he did.

@superchunk: You are right, the fed should extend natural rights to everyone. However, these people should be treated as POWs. I'm not saying torture them and kill them, but they are clearly enemies with violent intent and in some cases have commited acts of war. They arent just some shoplifting criminals and they shouldn't be treated as such. They need to be handled and quartined for their violent nature. My question is: Is there a difference in how we handle a criminal vs a war enemy?

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

senseinobaka said:
NinjaKido said:
halogamer1989 said:
Ever heard of the ticking bomb scenario. I would much rather prefer the more productive approach--live feed of a staged killing of their family. No retreat, no surrender, hoo-rah.

You are nothing short of a disgrace ,  I don't mind being banned for saying that .... you are .

Calm down. He's just making a reference to 24 and trying to get under your skin.

Anyway, this is exactly what Obama should have done. He promised he would and he did.

@superchunk: You are right, the fed should extend natural rights to everyone. However, these people should be treated as POWs. I'm not saying torture them and kill them, but they are clearly enemies with violent intent and in some cases have commited acts of war. They arent just some shoplifting criminals and they shouldn't be treated as such. They need to be handled and quartined for their violent nature. My question is: Is there a difference in how we handle a criminal vs a war enemy?

so hold them until all the terrorists everywhere admit they are defeated and stop fighting?  sounds like a fine idea to me.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
senseinobaka said:
NinjaKido said:
halogamer1989 said:

so hold them until all the terrorists everywhere admit they are defeated and stop fighting?  sounds like a fine idea to me.

I dont think that's the answer. The constitution doesnt give the federal government the power to suspend liberty until such a time that there is a conformity of ideals.

The power being excersized is the power to protect the citizenship. An indefintie time in a savage prison may get the job done, but is that really the only option? I think there needs to be better brainstorming and solution finding then that.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com