By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

"You need a word that describes something that lacks longevity."

Kaz, that word is "Fad". And it is owned by Nintendo, not MS.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:
The PlayStation 3 was deliberately designed to be difficult to program for to artificially increase the lifecycle of the console? That's... I'm speechless.

They sound like Nintendo during the N64 era. It seems all Sony can think about is how to screw over the developers the most.

Isn't that like giving developers the finger?

"We want to bloat your development budgets, to extend our console's lifetime. And while this destroys your bottom line, we're quite pleased with the result!"

Kaz sounds like someone who is out of touch with reality.

Last time I checked, Nintendo's Wii was the official leader of the generation and although Sony and MS don't like to admit it, they want the Wii customers.

Longevity is something we will just wait and see on... Personally, I think that there are architectural decisions that were made in the PS3 hardware that will shorten its life dramatically (Slowness blu-ray, etc.).

BMaker11 said:
You know what happens when you have the "too easy to develop for" console? A mountains worth of shovelware. The Wii gets it the most, the 360 has some middle ground, and the PS3 has little to none

Nice spin. What's your excuse for last gen when the hardest console to develop for, the PS2, had the most shovelware? Oh right. Sales. The real reason the PS2 had the most and the real reason the order of shovelware this gen is:

Wii-->360-->PS3

And here's how sales go:

Wii-->360-->PS3

Wait a minute. That looks similiar. In fact it looks like it's in the exact same order! My god I think Onyxmeth may be on to something here!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

BMaker11 said:
You know what happens when you have the "too easy to develop for" console? A mountains worth of shovelware. The Wii gets it the most, the 360 has some middle ground, and the PS3 has little to none

No, it just means you get shovelware with a AAA budget, i.e. Lair. every system has misfires, PS3's just cost developers a boatload more money. Heck, even solid titles with disappointing sales on PS3 can bomb financially, instead of breaking even.

Around the Network

god people take like to take things out of context, greenberg been saying more crazy stuff.

Jo21 said:
god people take like to take things out of context, greenberg been saying more crazy stuff.

no he didn't. I mean crazier than this is not possible. Please find something he said that is on the same level. I mean "we made our system complicated on purpose to extend our lifetime" is huge. I can't see Greenberg beat this

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Not yet, but he's almost there. Let's see what he says 2 PR statements down the line.

4 ≈ One

Reminds me of those news anchors on Fox news that know that they're blowing BS to people and get asked to show proof. It's that same "sh*t I just have to keep talking and eventually somebody will believe me" feeling.

Did someone transplant Ken Kutaragi's brain into Kaz Hirai's body recently?