By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

it seems someones had a nervous breakdown cause their console wasnt doing that well...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Some of this has been posted elsewhere, so I won't discuss the "not competing against Nintendo part" here.

However, it does not seem like it would make good business sense to make a product intentionally difficult to use -- and then to admit it.

We may now know why ports are generally said to be substandard on the PS3.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Goddbless said:
damndl0ser said:
If I were a game developer, I would be sending bomb threats to his place of work daily. Sure I would never actually send the bomb, however he wouldn't know that!

How can this be spun into something good by the Sony fanboys? This is one of the weirdest things someone "officially" tied to Sony has came out and said this Gen. No wonder I am sick of hearing Sony tripe.

If you were to go into one of the other threads on this topic you would be amazed.

Whwere is this thread?

LOL. That was batshit crazy. Purposely make it difficult to design for in order to make it last longer??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

You think that's bad? Wait until the PS4 comes out. The controller buttons are going to switch places randomly so that your video games take longer to beat!

According to Kaz: "We won't provide the 'easy to play with' controller that [gamers] want, because 'easy to play with' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of your weekend after you beat the game?"

God bless you, Kaz!!

Around the Network
Domicinator said:

I have to wonder if ol' crazy Kaz has finally lost it.  This is the story pretty much all the tech/game sites are posting from yesterday:

Kaz Hirai comments on the current state of the video game console industry and his view of the future

Sony Computer Entertainment chairman Kaz Hirai made several interesting comments in an interview with the Official PlayStation MagazineThe contents of the interview were relayed to the public via Eurogamer and will be available in the February issue of the Official PlayStation Magazine.

Although Sony no longer leads the industry in console sales Hirai believes Sony still possesses "Official" leadership of the videogame industry. He stated, "This is not meant in terms of numbers, or who's got the biggest install base, or who's selling most in any particular week or month, but I'd like to think that we continue official leadership in this industry,".

Hirai expanded on his statement explaining how he did not view the Nintendo Wii as competition and declaring the Xbox 360 as a console that will lack longevity. Describing how he viewed the Nintendo Wii's position in the industry Hirai, stated, "It's difficult to talk about Nintendo, because we don't look at their console as being a competitor. They're a different world, and we operate in our world - that's the kind of way I look at things." For the Xbox 360, Hirai continued, "And with the Xbox - again, I can't come up with one word to fit. You need a word that describes something that lacks longevity."

Hirai also reemphasized his belief the PlayStation 3 will have the most units sold at the end of the lifecycle for this generation of videogame consoles. He is quoted as saying, "unless things go really bad, there's no way that at the end of a life cycle our competition is going have a higher install base."

As a wrap up, Hirai commented on how the PlayStation 3 was deliberately designed to be difficult to program for in order to increase the overall lifecycle of the console. Sony has often described the PlayStation 3 as having a 10-year lifecycle. Hirai added, "We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine-and-a-half years?"

So much BS... I didn't know how desperate Sony is.

Bolded part is BS. :D "We are not leading in weekly sales, install base or games, but we are leading.... officially." CLASSIC

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

d21lewis said:
You think that's bad? Wait until the PS4 comes out. The controller buttons are going to switch places randomly so that your video games take longer to beat!

According to Kaz: "We won't provide the 'easy to play with' controller that [gamers] want, because 'easy to play with' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so then the question is what do you do for the rest of your weekend after you beat the game?"

lol, good one!

You know what happens when you have the "too easy to develop for" console? A mountains worth of shovelware. The Wii gets it the most, the 360 has some middle ground, and the PS3 has little to none

BTFeather55 said:
Hopefully he knows what he's talking about.

Going by what he said, I don't think he really does.

That last comment was so stupid it hurt my head. I couldn't believe my eyes I read it half a dozen times. Sony needs to contact the CDC about their recurring foot in mouth disease outbreaks. I feel rather sorry for the PS3 owners, because you know Kaz isn't going to accept responsibility for the failures he is going to blame the fans, and then he is going to take it out on them.

Look how he feels about developers. He is bragging about abusing them, and claims to have intentionally sabotaged them. What happens when he chases most of them away. Who will he have to abuse other then the players. His new strategy will probably be fleecing your current customers to make money so you can sell more hardware at a loss.