By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What If... PS3 Were Dropped To $200

Sony would be farther in the red then they are now if it dropped to 200

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
numonex said:
What if 360 was only $100? The 360 will reach $100 before PS3 reaches $200.

Depends, if it was the Elite, the gaming division would bleed a heck of a lot of money. They could withstand it though (oh, the joys of having tens of billions in cash reserves).

$100 for 360 Arcade model. $150 for Pro 60Gb. $200 for Elite 120Gb.(2011 prices - FTW) I would see PS3 dropping to $200 price in 2012. Wii could remain at $250 at still outsell the competition in 2012.

There is a chance that this would make the PS3 profitable, due to these things:

1. People would buy more games to go with the system.
2. Blu-ray disc sales would go on the rise.
3. 3rd parties would develop more games for the PS3.

They will take a huge hit on hardware, but the points above could make it that each console sold is profitable. Though I don't know.

WiiBox3 said:
There is a chance that this would make the PS3 profitable, due to these things:

1. People would buy more games to go with the system.
2. Blu-ray disc sales would go on the rise.
3. 3rd parties would develop more games for the PS3.

They will take a huge hit on hardware, but the points above could make it that each console sold is profitable. Though I don't know.

If by "a chance" you mean "no chance" then I agree... Do you have any idea how much software they'd have to sell to just break even on the hardware losses, let alone make the whole PS3 business profitable?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

The 360 would be immediately priced $120 (60g) $180 (120g). The PS2 would stop selling. Nintendo would announce some killer game to steal the thunder and the sales of all three would receive a large temporary boost before settling to something near current levels.

This is of course assuming Sony discovers its headquarters is sitting on the richest oil field in the world.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

Around the Network

Sales would take a drastic rise, at least for a while...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

HEY GUYZ! WHAT WOULD HAPPE N IF SONY DROPPED THE PRICE OF THE PSTRIPPLE TO 1$, BUT NOTHING BAD HAPPENED? WOULD GOOD LTGHINGS HAPPEN? LAWL!

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption

200$ PS3? Sony's death.

My Gaming Setup

blazinhead89 said:
PS3 sells 2,000,000 in a Month causing Sony to go bankrupt

This

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Falcon095 said:
blazinhead89 said:
PS3 sells 2,000,000 in a Month causing Sony to go bankrupt

This

They'd need to sell (actually produce, since that's when they lose money) a few more than that... I'd give them about a year, maybe less considering investors and bondholders would start leaving the sinking ship earlier.

This is a pretty ridiculous question though, not even worth thinking about.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957