By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What If... PS3 Were Dropped To $200

Well if for some fucked up reason they did drop it to $200 then it would sell 1.5 million that week, and outsell every other console by a mile from there on. Expect Wii and 360 sales to drop substantially.

Of course this won't happen.

Around the Network

You know what, I just wanted to hear opinions. Hell with it, can we just get an admin to lock the thread please ?

Sony would go out of the console biz as it would piss odd shareholders and investors as they would bleed cash like an Ebola victim.

Assuming that somehow Sony had the do this, and it wasn't a clearance sale because the PS3 was being discontinued.

I would expect a large drop in 360 sales, and a large increase in PS3 sales.

I would expect a slight increase in PS360 sales, even allowing the PS360 to outsell the Wii for that month

I would expect Wii sales = Wii Supply, as always

I would expect a 360 price cut, or extra bundling, or possibly value add such as bigger harddrives

I would expect it would bring the different colour versions of the Wii into 2009 instead of 2010

I would possibly expect it to bring the first, $50 Wii price cut into 2010 instead of 2011

This is suspiciously similar to a thread Rock_on created quite a few months ago.

Around the Network

360 death.

and maybe cutting prices too, sony would be in a HUGE debt by the end of the generation.

but win it.

atma998 said:
what if Wii were dropped to 50$?

Everyone includingb myself would buy one and Nintendo would for once, LOSE money on the Wii.

PREDICTIONS:
(Predicted on 5/31/11) END of 2011 Sales - Xbox 360 = 62M;  PS3 = 59M;  Wii = 97M

They would sell a lot of PS3s and then go bankrupt. Either that or they had discontinued it without telling anyone and the $200 were part of a fire sale to get some cash.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

What if 360 was only $100? The 360 will reach $100 before PS3 reaches $200.

numonex said:
What if 360 was only $100? The 360 will reach $100 before PS3 reaches $200.

Depends, if it was the Elite, the gaming division would bleed a heck of a lot of money. They could withstand it though (oh, the joys of having tens of billions in cash reserves).

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957