By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forza 2 Outdone By GT5 Physics

Skeeuk said:

when i had forza 2 at the same time as gt5p.

i tried both with same car and same track with the same viepoint 1st person view. the difference was more staggering than i thought.

the handling was better, the uncompressed audio really sounded like your carving your car around a corner, and i wont mention grafix coz thats not the point here.

gt5 will be a massive game, forza is good and some ppl like forza better especially gamespot.

gt5 handles better, forza seems to float round corners mabey due to the fact that it has poor sound. and doesnt seem real whilst playing.

but one thing i give forza on the handling, is the 3rd person view handles far better than gt 3rd person. i dunno why this is, since gt1 the 3rd person view is rubbish and seems on rails. forza 3rd person feels more natural and more controlable.

Uncompressed audio as a selling point is just absolutely ridiculous. With 99.99% certainty you do not, and simply can not, hear any difference between uncompressed and properly compressed audio using the speakers/headphones you have with your gaming set up. 7.1 soundtrack is wasted on close to 100% of gamers, and even the ones who have 5.1 systems usually buy the cheap packages which are, from a sound quality point of view, atrocious. If GT5 has better soundging audio than Forza 2, it has nothing to do with uncompressed audio, it's simply a result of a better audio engine and better recording / post-production of the audio.

Around the Network

Lol, did anybody actually doubt this?

Hint: Look at development times and budget, plus the pure awesomeness of Polyphony Digital.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Plaupius said:

Uncompressed audio as a selling point is just absolutely ridiculous. With 99.99% certainty you do not, and simply can not, hear any difference between uncompressed and properly compressed audio using the speakers/headphones you have with your gaming set up. 7.1 soundtrack is wasted on close to 100% of gamers, and even the ones who have 5.1 systems usually buy the cheap packages which are, from a sound quality point of view, atrocious. If GT5 has better soundging audio than Forza 2, it has nothing to do with uncompressed audio, it's simply a result of a better audio engine and better recording / post-production of the audio.

I would say a very large percentage of people who can seriously tell the difference between compressed and uncompressed audio (let's say the compression was done right here), are people who have sunk a large degree of their discretionary income into audio equipment and spend most of their free time listen to music, and are involved in making music.  Odds are they don't do much videogames, and have other interests.  In a nutshell, they have a trained ear to tell the difference.

And my take on this is also, if someone is that upset with compressed audio, I am sure MP3 would annoy them also.  MP3 is a compression technology for streaming audio over the Internet.  Considering what MP3 has done to the music business, and the rise of the iPod, uncompresed audio isn't a big deal for most people.

the real question is who cares i will buy forza even if gt5 gets twice as many good reviews because i have an xbox where as my neighbor will get ggran turismo even if forza gets better reviews because has a ps3 so shut up

Regarding audio, I thought that was one of the areas where Forza 2 was accepted as being better than GT5P... I may be wrong though, as I don't care much about these games.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Well Niether GT or Forza has the best driving physics that belongs to GTR 2 and most likely Race Pro by the acclaimed developers Simbin. There is a reason why Simbin have all the awards for racing games and Polyphony and Turn 10 dont.

But regardless, why are you comparing a game out in early 2007 to a game out late 2009???? There over 2 years between releases. Wait for Forza 3 for that comparison. If you compare physics of Forza 2 to GT5 P thats different of which F2 wins.

Jo21 said:
numonex said:
GT series apparently has no car damage in the games because manufacturers of the cars do not want to see their cars being smashed up and totaled even if it is in a make believe video game.

actually only ferrari didn't want it, but damage and weather system are up in and running and are comming soon in a prologue update.

It's funny how Ferraris in F2 have damage. Seems to me Polyphony are talking out there arses there.

halogamer1989 said:
coolestguyever said:
Zomb1337 said:
Wait for Forza 3!!!!

Gran Turismo 5 will destroy Forza 3!!

Taking into account the worst selling GT game is GT2 with 9.37, you know its a HUGE series. It is graphically superior, better gameplay, more cars/tracks, overall better. Plus there should finally be damage which is nice.

F3 has 400 cars and 100 tracks based on a leaked survey.  I don't think GT5 has that many.

LOL.....900 cars will be featured in Gran Turismo 5

OT: ummmm why post this though ?? i mean nothing can come close to GT5:Prologue

i may also add that comparing another game to Gran Turismo is just a disgrace to GT

and forza or whatever it is called got all its fame from Gran Turismo...m$ fans always put the game in context with Gran Turismo

selnor said:
Jo21 said:
numonex said:
GT series apparently has no car damage in the games because manufacturers of the cars do not want to see their cars being smashed up and totaled even if it is in a make believe video game.

actually only ferrari didn't want it, but damage and weather system are up in and running and are comming soon in a prologue update.

It's funny how Ferraris in F2 have damage. Seems to me Polyphony are talking out there arses there.

there is a difference, GT have more ferraris cars,  900 cars,  many car manufacturer take a promotion, Ferrari probably wants money.

I wonder how many cars both games will really have. Both GT and Forza pad their numbers by including numerous versions of the same car with minuscule differences. Not only that GT has several B segment cars that I wouldn't want to drive in real life, let alone a game.