By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Hirai: Xbox "lacks longevity" and Wii doesn't count so PS3 will win.

Thats like the guy who placed 3rd in a race saying that the guy in first was not a competitor, and the guy in second has low stamina so neither count and he is the winner.

Times Banned: 12

Press----------------> <----------------Press

Around the Network

Guy in last place: I pretty much run things around here.

That's what I heard from Sony's PR bit.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Teh lulz!

What else do u expect him to say??

If the demographics are so different between the PS3/360 and Wii then why do I see the same people playing all 3 consoles? The Wii simply has a WIDER demographic, not a different one.

For instance, I have a friend who played Halo 2 a ton when it came out, but he also played lots of Animal Crossing. It's like people think PS3/360 owners are all hardcore and don't like the more casual games, but in reality they do. If that were the case then I'd hate Wii Sports. Yet at family gatherings I find myself playing it with my relatives.

I'd also argue the Wii has close to the same amount of hardcore gamers as the other two, because its sales are higher. It just has extra groups that the others don't have. Here's a theoretic example (complete with fake percentages just to get my point across):

PlayStation 3/Xbox 360: Ages 0-5 = 5%; Ages 6-12 = 16%; Ages 13-25 = 48%; Ages 26-39 = 22%; Ages 40-54 = 8%; Ages 55-up = 1%.

Hardcore gamers are more so associated with the middle two groups but especially group 3. So these consoles are pretty hardcore. Sales equal 47.83 million between the two, which means about 23 million PS3/360 gamers are hardcore. Divide it in half for each console and you get 11.5 million hardcore gamers each.

Wii: Ages 0-5 = 8%; Ages 6-12 = 25%; Ages 13-25 = 30%; Ages 26-39 = 22%; Agest 40-54 = 12; Ages 55-up = 3%.

The total Wii sales as of now are 45.56 million, which means about 13.6 million Wii gamers are hardcore. That's 9 million less than the other two combined, but compare each individually and you can see the Wii is clearly on top.

Around the Network

Halooooo, don't forget....

"LittleBigPlanet will be HUGE!" PS3 owners aren't supposed to like games like that.

"Avatars will kill Mii's." X360 owners shouldn't be playing with cartoony caricatures.

We're all gamers just some feel the need to feed their elitist ego more than others.

and that was the joke of the day

even if i am a fan of Sony, i might turn up happy that Ps3 is last

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
and that was the joke of the day

even if i am a fan of Sony, i might turn up happy that Ps3 is last

Coming in last can do wonders for their next generation effort.