By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Fanboys Only: Wii about to sell 50 million and beat the SNES

I am with Soma, I'll celebrate when they beat the NES. That will be huge =D

and I agree with fishyjoe, let everybody comment, not all the xbox360/PS3 owners are like BTfeather or Kyro ;P

Around the Network
Bobbuffalo said:

and I agree with fishyjoe, let everybody comment, not all the xbox360/PS3 owners are like BTfeather or Kyro ;P

And some Wii owners could be like trestres.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Why would we celebrate? Snes is 10X the console Wii has been up to this point...

disolitude said:
Why would we celebrate? Snes is 10X the console Wii has been up to this point...

this.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Bobbuffalo said:

And some Wii owners could be like trestres.

*shudders* oh yeah x_X

Around the Network
disolitude said:

In what sense?

disolitude said:

Because the Wii is awesome and will continue to get better.

Bobbuffalo said:
disolitude said:

In what sense?

Snes was on top of the gaming world from 1994 to 1996 with some of the best software ever released. Any type of game you liked...Snes had 10 games worth playing for that genre. There are atleast 30 classic games I can name off the top of my head for the Snes.

Wii thus far will be remembered for

Mario Galaxy

Zelda TP

Metroid Prime 3

Smash brothers Brawl

Mario Kart Wii

Wii Fit

Wii sports

Anyting else Im missing? 

You know you are in trouble when 3 of the 8 AAA games for the system are ports of last gen games. (zelda, RE4, Okami)

richardhutnik said:

Download some Virtual Console SNES games?

Like, if you haven't done so yet, celebrate by downloading Actraiser and Axelay.

Haha, that is exactly what I first thought - want to honor the SNES, then play its games! I recently downloaded Actraiser (because my sercret santa wanted it so I bought two having never played it) and I loved it. So great to find gems on the first system I ever purchased and the system I have put the most hours on (more even than my PC I believe, and that is saying something because I have documented myselft playing Mechwarrior and Civilization games for 1000+ hours each)

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.

disolitude said:
Bobbuffalo said:
disolitude said:

In what sense?

Snes was on top of the gaming world from 1994 to 1996 with some of the best software ever released. Any type of game you liked...Snes had 10 games worth playing for that genre. There are atleast 30 classic games I can name off the top of my head for the Snes.

Wii thus far will be remembered for

Mario Galaxy

Zelda TP

Metroid Prime 3

Smash brothers Brawl

Mario Kart Wii

Wii Fit

Wii sports

Anyting else Im missing? 

You know you are in trouble when 3 of the 8 AAA games for the system are ports of last gen games. (zelda, RE4, Okami)

While I do agree that the SNES is the best system I have ever played (and at the same time I will admit that my view may be skewed by nostalgia) I love the Wii even more because I can download great SNES games for it.

Let me put it this way, I will remember my Wii the most for:

Super Smash Bros

Twilight Princess

Wii Fit

Wii Sports/Wii Play

Mario Kart Wii

Mario Kart 64

Super Mario World

LOZ

LOZ LttP

Mega Man 9

Defend Your Castle

and the list goes on.

The Wii is better than the SNES simply because no matter great the SNES was (and it was VERY awesome) all that is encapsulated into the Wii and once I can download the rest of the gems I want to for the Wii (Chrono Trigger and Earthbound come to mind) it will be complete. I will get an SNES pad configured to plug into my Wii remote and spend the next 10 years playing my Wii like I have been playing my SNES since 1995.

Currently dreaming of: DKC4 or Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (classic 2D platformers) for WiiWare, Smash Bros. for DSi, New Super Mario World for DSi, a Wii remake or true sequel of Final Fantasy Tactics.

One down, hopefully more awesomeness to come.