By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 fans ridiculously hyping ps3 games, whats wrong about it?

CAL4M1TY said:
It gets annoying when they overhype games that look really average and just have "mind blowing graphics" that don't actually play well on the PS3 hardware (screen tears, pop-in etc).

I wouldn't mind if a original game (like LBP) gets hyped, but when it gets overhyped, 1.5 million sold is still "flop" territory thanks to the hype.

LBP sold enough to be designated "Platinum".  Since when did Platinum status signify a flop?

PSN ID= bigdaddymoo

MSI GT725-074 owner..... TRUE BEAST.. COD4 is a different game on PC.

Around the Network

dude thats a post comparing halo to killzone i said in that post unless it had mention of a playstation 3 title you might be completely oblivious but killzone 2 is not a 360 title its ps3. on that post they were getting me riled up on that section with all their kill zone 2 bashing. so it isnt a fair thing to dig up. that whole forum thread was solely for saying that kill zone 2 is a colorless pos and when others are unfair what choice do you have

Ronster316 said:

Yeah, 360's top games really struggle to sell well.

Gears 2....... 4.51 million in 3 months          STUNNING.

Halo 3......... 9.06 million in 16 months       SPECTACULAR.

Hype is good, but at least buy the damn games after hyping them so much.

And who said that the people that hyped them didn't buy them? The last time I checked, something like LBP wasn't hyped by over 2 million people. It just felt that way since you hate sony/ps3 so much and ended up languishing in delusion.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
Ronster316 said:

And who said that the people that hyped them didn't buy them? The last time I checked, something like LBP wasn't hyped by over 2 million people. It just felt that way since you hate sony/ps3 so much and ended up languishing in delusion.

Hey, dont forget to buy your copy of killzone 2 at the end of feb huh, we wouldn't want the game to be languishing at around 2 million sales after its been out 6 months now would we

LESS hyping, MORE buying please.

just another example of judgement without any statistics, or reasoning to back it up.

Around the Network
Ronster316 said:
Pristine20 said:
Ronster316 said:

Hey, dont forget to buy your copy of killzone 2 at the end of feb huh, we wouldn't want the game to be languishing at around 2 million sales after its been out 6 months now would we

Thanks for the reminder. I preordered it when MM476 first gave us the good word about the beta. I've been looking for a reason to put cod4 away and it looks like I finally got it. I won't change my psn avatar to to a game I don't care about.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

deadlyvillain said:

just another example of judgement without any statistics, or reasoning to back it up.

you won't find too much "reason" on a site like this, there are some exceptions yes (Namely CGI Quality)

But this site mainly feeds off the console wars, and if i have to bend the truth or be unreasonable to make the 360 sound good then by god i'll do it.

(And ps3 fanboys will do the same for the ps3 aswell)

Galaki said:
Onyxmeth said:

shitstorm

Summary in 1 word.

/thread

I guess no one got the message. =[

Pristine20 said:
Ronster316 said:
Pristine20 said:
Ronster316 said:

Thanks for the reminder. I preordered it when MM476 first gave us the good word about the beta. I've been looking for a reason to put cod4 away and it looks like I finally got it. I won't change my psn avatar to to a game I don't care about.

Good stuff, a hyper AND a buyer

Thats more like it.

by the way ronster316 im willing to bet money that if ps3 had only put out 2 true exclusives in its entire life cycle so far that theyd have sold tremendously well too, but fortunately for me they have quite a few out and they are constantly on the way.

Ya see this is the kind of 360 fanboy stuff that gets me going on a tangent. these types of comments that give you no other way to respond than argumentatively

and ronster is living proof of my comment that 360 fanboys wanting to live in their facade of the 360s doing better in sales in numbers rather than considering all the reasoning they just blindly blurt out numbers and thinks that is everything. If gears 2 and halo 3 are directly coorelated with xbox 360 sales than you can rub those numbers in my face but as i said if a systems had so few exclusives how surprised can you be that anyone who owns one went out and bought it. exclusives are what ps3 fanboys are so obssessed with hyping, because the amount of work put into them is astonishing.  And I hate to bring up more conflict  think theyre doing their job, cause even know they may not be selling systems, they get heads to turn and look at them. That is notable by the 360 fanboys that often make posts bashing them.