By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 fans ridiculously hyping ps3 games, whats wrong about it?

hey you guys can hype all you want but be ready for retaliation when said game doesn't sell well or get good reviews.

and SALES are the most important and especially considering this is a sales tracking site. So by hugely hyping and saying how huge a game will be like say LBP and then it goes and doesn't even make 2 million means you need to accept retaliation by those annoyed by the "HUGE LBP" topics before game out.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
This fails.

Thread title should be "Fans ridiculously hyping games, what's wrong about it".

All fans do it.

yeh but the ones that are targeted the most are ps3 fans.

I honest to god have never went to any 360 based threads unless they were comparing a 360 game to a PS3 game. Like for example comparing Halo to Killzone 2 is laughable. But if one of our exclusive titles isn't mentioned in the thread title i wont even give the title of the thread a second glance let alone go inside it. I guess sony just always has a couple good exclusives coming at any given time, so i always have a vg to look forward to.  Which results in lack of interest on whats going on with the competition.

The reason they target us PS3 fanboys is because the 360 doesnt have a hyping parade if you will, you dont throw a parade unless theres something worth celebrating lol.

We have a huge parade and they can't be marching in a parade so they want to be popping our balloons to try and make ours as small as theirs which is impossible.

TBH the fact that they got as many 360 sales as they do youd think there would be more fan hype over games, then again what is the ratio of 360s sold to 360s that are still in action I wonder.

deadlyvillain said:

I honest to god have never went to any 360 based threads unless they were comparing a 360 game to a PS3 game. Like for example comparing Halo to Killzone 2 is laughable. But if one of our exclusive titles isn't mentioned in the thread title i wont even give the title of the thread a second glance let alone go inside it. I guess sony just always has a couple good exclusives coming at any given time, so i always have a vg to look forward to.  Which results in lack of interest on whats going on with the competition.

The reason they target us PS3 fanboys is because the 360 doesnt have a hyping parade if you will, you dont throw a parade unless theres something worth celebrating lol.

We have a huge parade and they can't be marching in a parade so they want to be popping our balloons to try and make ours as small as theirs which is impossible.

TBH the fact that they got as many 360 sales as they do youd think there would be more fan hype over games, then again what is the ratio of 360s sold to 360s that are still in action I wonder.

they hyped too human,  you couldn't say anything close to bad about the game without getting banned. poor obie got banned for saying a out a 6* score.

really you have to do the sales comparison to scale on how many ps3s are out and about compared to how many 360s if youre trying to be fair which i know 360 fanboys arent worried about making accurate comparisons they just want to keep living in a facade that 360 games are doing way better when in reality its just the opposite. although i guess its also impossible to make an accurate comparison due to the number of 360s that experienced the red ring of death.I'm willing to bet most of the reason the 360s sell better is simply cause it came out a year in advance or however long but from that point it had the advantage cause not only did it have a head start on getting sales, but its main drive is friends pushing friends to buy, so even after the playstation 3 came out "no dont get that get the 360 so we can play together."  how many people can you imagine that was the case for them getting 360s, and how many people are going to buy 2 consoles that are 300+ dollars. so considering this i think even the biggest 360 fanboys out there need to give the playstation 3 its props. and the whole blu ray thing was pure genius cause they needed that extra push to get people to buy them. It is the only way to make it even remotely possible that anyone with a 360 would ever buy it. But that also leads me to another point of why you cant directly compare ps3 and 360 sales. how many people with playstation 3 are using it for blu ray instead of games. cant be determined. considering all those factors that are against them in the gaming field id say they are doing pretty damn well.

Around the Network

thanks cgi quality, i should have kept the red ring of death out of it thatll likely make people skip right over it, and i apologize for that.

relatively new here just checked this place out no more than a week ago i think,

that heavy rain game looks pretty sweet. just more proof of how much quality and care is put into sonys exclusives, they are rare to disappoint in my oppinion which is why theyre always worth the wait even if its a few years just put it in the back of your mind and pull it to the front when it is on the way out.

Yeah, 360's top games really struggle to sell well.

Gears 2....... 4.51 million in 3 months          STUNNING.

Halo 3......... 9.06 million in 16 months       SPECTACULAR.

Hype is good, but at least buy the damn games after hyping them so much.

Jo21 said:
deadlyvillain said:

they hyped too human,  you couldn't say anything close to bad about the game without getting banned. poor obie got banned for saying a out a 6* score.

He got banned for lying.... what is this NannyChartz ?

as i said theres only soo many owners of the playstation 3 as the 360s had a year advance and probly exponentially increased every year after that from friends pushing friends to buy so you cant say sonys not selling well if they only have a few million consoles out im not sure what they got right now but obviously the best they can hope for is a few million games to sell