By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 fans ridiculously hyping ps3 games, whats wrong about it?

This fails.

Thread title should be "Fans ridiculously hyping games, what's wrong about it".

All fans do it.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
This fails.

Thread title should be "Fans ridiculously hyping games, what's wrong about it".

All fans do it.

I think this thread arose from a thread by seece essentially asking what fanboys were the worst. The sony faction seems to have gotten the most votes and most people who voted for "sony fanboys" said it was because they hyped games too much.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

It upsets the Xbox 360 fanboys.

The_God_of_War said:

The gifs in your sig also resulted in some of the votes for "ps3 fanboys" being the worst lol

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
The_God_of_War said:

The gifs in your sig also resulted in some of the votes for "ps3 fanboys" being the worst lol

It was worth it! lol

Around the Network
The_God_of_War said:

Yes it does because we are discussing on a "sales figures" oriented forum.

It can be irritating to read stuffs like "omg this PS3 games will be huge and make his 360 equivalent wet its pants and make those b*tches cry yeaaa !!! @#!:)"..

... and then you check the figures ....and it is wrong again... then come the new potential champion... 

The problem is not overhyping the games or the console, but rather failing at recognize the success of others.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Pristine20 said:
The_God_of_War said:

That sig is done because the person thinks they are annoying XBox fanboys with it.  One hopes they aren't serious, and it is just in fun.  However, if it is serious, it does show why people are saying KZ2 is getting overhyped.  Making KZ2 out to be more than something that is just a great FPS, and meant to turn the table against Microsoft is too much to make it out to be.  Halo and Gears aren't talked like this, they are just discussed and acknowledged.   I do recall that the original Gears of War was discussed as trying to keep up with the Killzone E3 2005 trailer.  Didn't quite match, but CliffyB did show the game in action.  And Killzone 2 was a no show for awhile.  And now, it shows up.  Looks real good, but is made out to "it exceeds 2005 E3!" and a guy posts Bill Gates being blow away by it and crying. 

Hyping up the right way is fine.  Saying a game is great is fine.  But to make outrageous predictions and drag down a competitor isn't the right way to do it.  In this, don't expect anyone to respect Killzone 2, if you don't respect the Halo 3, its community and the involvement they had to give the game much longevity.  Same with people if they pop smack against Gran Turismo, by saying how the next Forza will make it look like "a high school project".

So, on this note, I need to dig up some cool stuff for Ratchet and Clank, LBP and Uncharted.

What's wrong? Nothing, 'cept for it get very annoying pretty fast.

i see nothing wrong in talking about a game before release, thats looking to be promising. if people take that as hype then so be it.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I agree with Seraphic. 360 owners really don't like the fact that there are certain HD games that they will not get to play. This is obviously a two way road, but 360 fans have somewhat gotten used to - and expect - exclusives going multiplat.