By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Dosent make 3rd parties money?

Your talking about Profit Margin, royalties or not it doesn't matter at a point the over head was paid for and everyone was making money, the development over head doesn't include running expidentures outside of a service charge which isn't the case as this is royalties.

In the end for the use of this conversation we could say Nintendo's portion is the only portion that should be eliminated, which would only help to thin the gap in profit and lower the margin for all others involved.

If your going to cut and slice then A lot of people out side of Konami were involved in MGS4's development also, in that case your just giving up. The one inarguable fact is that initial production of that product does not come close to rivaling that of MGS4.

Marketing and all other portions of the over head can be understood as similar, this case only elaborates on a generalization, to be honest I don't know why I'm debating thi... nevermind...

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

This is why I kept all quantities in units sold and not moneys because in the end that's what units sold translates into and a conclusion appears much more clearly. Adding money and all the little sub parts only works to over complicate transactions that are based on estimations.

psrock said:
Magera said:
psrock said:
thekitchensink said:
psrock said:
HappySqurriel said:

People will admit that games failed, but most people's claims of games failing are pretty moronic ...

Consider that people were calling Zack and Wiki (500,000+ sales) and Boom Blox (700,000+ sales) failures when these games obviously cost less than the $10 to $20 Million in revenue they generated for their publishers.

Where are you pulling these numbers from.

The games failed, admit it. Btw HAZE is on its way to a million, still a failure.

Assuming a game that took more than a year to sell 500k is making 20 million is crazy. Plus, i bet you 80% of the sale happened when the game was dirt cheap. Less revenue, right.

You do know what site you're on right?

And yeah, Haze failed--considering its' much higher budget than those two other games.  Seen its' developer's condition lately?  They're selling off all their assets.

where on this site can i find that Zack and Wiki made 20 million dollars for its publishers.  LINK?

Why is it so hard for Dumb people to admit they are dumb?

Fixed!

but anyway, do you actually pay attention to much?

1.  I'm pretty sure it's now considered 'Common Knowledge' that Wii games cost MUCH less to develope then HD.

2. $10 to $20 million does not = $20 million - It's an estimation, Both games made more then $10 million so it's somewhere in between 10 to 20 million.

3. Only retarded people think games selling more then 500K and make a profit = failed! If that's the case then most games of last Gen = Failed!  that's just Dumb...... although a game selling 1 million and loosing money does = failed!

man, you guys are angry. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. Lol, the internet is serious busines.

My feeling are very hurt. Internet is my only life.  I have no self esteme, or brains for that matter....

anywaaaay, not directing this spacifically toward you or anything but it's annoying when people post with very little to no common sence or logic in their posts.  It's nice for once in a while for people to actually stop and have a think about what they are posting rather then just sticking to a stubbern opinion that is logically incorrect... Again this reply is not targeted directly at you psrock but many posters in general, of all fan types.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

Magera said:
psrock said:
Magera said:
psrock said:
thekitchensink said:
psrock said:
HappySqurriel said:

And yeah, Haze failed--considering its' much higher budget than those two other games.  Seen its' developer's condition lately?  They're selling off all their assets.

where on this site can i find that Zack and Wiki made 20 million dollars for its publishers.  LINK?

Fixed!

1.  I'm pretty sure it's now considered 'Common Knowledge' that Wii games cost MUCH less to develope then HD.

2. $10 to $20 million does not = $20 million - It's an estimation, Both games made more then $10 million so it's somewhere in between 10 to 20 million.

3. Only retarded people think games selling more then 500K and make a profit = failed! If that's the case then most games of last Gen = Failed!  that's just Dumb...... although a game selling 1 million and loosing money does = failed!

man, you guys are angry. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. Lol, the internet is serious busines.

My feeling are very hurt. Internet is my only life.  I have no self esteme, or brains for that matter....

anywaaaay, not directing this spacifically toward you or anything but it's annoying when people post with very little to no common sence or logic in their posts.  It's nice for once in a while for people to actually stop and have a think about what they are posting rather then just sticking to a stubbern opinion that is logically incorrect... Again this reply is not targeted directly at you psrock but many posters in general, of all fan types.

Once again, that 500k was sold over more than a year. We had thread on this site begging people to buy it. Haze was a crappy game that still sold more. Plus,  I remember website, fans and forums just amazed that such a good game can sell so little when the bad games sold way more. Bring on the profit excuse as much as you can, but this game deserve way more sales than it got, and to me that's a failure.

and I said that without attacking anyone........learn.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/797/797414p1.html

http://www.4colorrebellion.com/archives/2007/06/18/zak-wiki-a-must-buy/

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@psrock

There is a difference between:

1000 shooter fans and only 20% liking a specific shooter
versus
100 puzzle game fans and only 80% of them liking a specific puzzle game.

This is called a niche, and presently shooters are the more accepted genre, as well as life style games and mini game compilations.

By the way thats 200 people buying that shooter versus 80 people buying that puzzle game,

Of course theirs the install base difference and demographics and so on and so forth, most of these things tend to work against the games marketablity, but some try to get the IP some exposure.

Around the Network
psrock said:

Once again, that 500k was sold over more than a year. We had thread on this site begging people to buy it. Haze was a crappy game that still sold more. Plus,  I remember website, fans and forums just amazed that such a good game can sell so little when the bad games sold way more. Bring on the profit excuse as much as you can, but this game deserve way more sales than it got, and to me that's a failure.

Key words: to you.  Not to Capcom, to you.  I think I'll take Capcom's word for it.  It's unfathomable to me that you're comparing a game that made Capcom a decent profit to a game whose developers lost money and are selling off their assets.  You can remember all the websites, fans, and 'buy Z & W campaigns' that you want but the fact remains that Capcom says it sold well.  And let's not forget that the game had practically no advertisement (save the internet campaigns that were doomed from the start because only dedicated gamers would see those).  

In summary: Capcom is satisfied with the sales.  

I love these threads.  

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

Warrior of Light

sorry double post

psrock said:
Magera said:
psrock said:
Magera said:
psrock said:
thekitchensink said:
psrock said:
HappySqurriel said:

Fixed!

I agree.  But deserving more sales does not = failed. 

Failed = Your opinion.

Your opinion = not logical... or let me put it this way:

It is my opinion that LBP should of sold upwards of 5,000,000 units. (I whole heartedly would love to see this game sooo much more successfull then what it currently is because it's a fantastic game)... Thus because it has not sold 5,000,000 units (my opinion)  this game = failed.

So to put it, in this example my opinion = not logical.

you guys were there after months of zak and wiki released. It was shameful that a game that got a 9 from IGN, huge support from all, everyone was praising this game. There was a campaign to save the game for god sake. Wii fans were the one making threads to help support the game. I was there. Now, after over a year and huge price cut, the game makes it to 500k, which is nothing in the gaming world, It's a huge surprise i call it a failure. The thing is, in 2007 most of you were calling it a failure.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
you guys were there after months of zak and wiki released. It was shameful that a game that got a 9 from IGN, huge support from all, everyone was praising this game. There was a campaign to save the game for god sake. Wii fans were the one making threads to help support the game. I was there. Now, after over a year and huge price cut, the game makes it to 500k, which is nothing in the gaming world, It's a huge surprise i call it a failure. The thing is, in 2007 most of you were calling it a failure.

Keep figthing the good fight, psrock! I'm right behind ya!

Behind and in the stands, with a bag of popcorn, having a good time.