By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I am getting annoyed by MS.

ahhhhh the hardcore gamer. Abandoned in a basket out on the cold ruthless streets of a place called reality. Unable to look after himself he fills the internet with long desperate cries which pierce our tortured minds as they reverberate endlessly around forums. Will anybody answer the call, or will this dying species wither away into obscurity, becoming a relic of a distant past?

Around the Network
disolitude said:
The whole definition of "hardcore" is completely screwed in the original post.

Halo is one of the most approachable FPS games out there. Crackdown hardcore? That game was hardcore fun yes...

Lets just drop this argument and enjoy the games that are coming.

BTW I predict that Halo Wars will be 5X more hardcore than Killzone 2. 14 year old gamer will pick up Killzone 2 and get a hang of things rather quickly... Halo Wars, being an RTS...and the strategies involved with that...will require some major getting used to.

I don't know how much strategy is involved in the vast majority of RTSs. With the exception of few (such as close combat) most just devolve into how fast you can click a mouse.

On the other hand, you do have to memorize a build order so that by itself makes any RTS at least 5x more hardcore than any FPS.

"LBP is hardly a casual title. It is supposed to be accessible because it is a platformer and has a cuteness level to it. But it takes hardcore dedication to crank out levels for it. And if you have seen some levels people did, the being hardcore committed comes through. Some levels are just plain hard also.

People need to STOP defining hardcore as bucketloads of blood, and maximum gore."

I agree with this and neither are Smash or Mario Kart or other Wii titles people claim as "casual" because they don't have it.

wait until the coming E3 to say that
If they only announce crappy and casual games like Lips and Scene it for the rest of the year,they are definately losing me coz I am going to get a PS3 for Killzone 2,Uncharted 2 and God of War 3.
BTW,Halo 3:ODST should not be even called as a game.
It is just a money-gripping and lame expansion to Halo 3.
Moreover,MS's strategy of announcing games only a couple months before release really pisses me off.I hope they will deliver some real stuff in E3.

@Alby: I wasn't meaning M$ attacking Nintendo, but the opposite.

M$ has relied on strategy called "moneyhatting".

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
jingho said:
wait until the coming E3 to say that
If they only announce crappy and casual games like Lips and Scene it for the rest of the year,they are definately losing me coz I am going to get a PS3 for Killzone 2,Uncharted 2 and God of War 3.
BTW,Halo 3:ODST should not be even called as a game.
It is just a money-gripping and lame expansion to Halo 3.
Moreover,MS's strategy of announcing games only a couple months before release really pisses me off.I hope they will deliver some real stuff in E3.

Agreed. They are bound to announce something , since right now they have nothing for the second part of 2009 , but the barren first half of 2009 is a very bad sign . Oh and something is not casual just because a lot of people buy it . Games like GTA ,GT, halo e.t.c are not casual .

deathgod33 said:
they are not abandoning the hardcore, just recognizing the casual.

I hope you are right... because when I see the XBOX 360 Elite bundled with Kung-Fu Panda and Lego Indiana Jones, I'm a bit stressed !

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Haven't I seen this thread for each platform?

EL_PATRAS said:
ahhhhh the hardcore gamer. Abandoned in a basket out on the cold ruthless streets of a place called reality. Unable to look after himself he fills the internet with long desperate cries which pierce our tortured minds as they reverberate endlessly around forums. Will anybody answer the call, or will this dying species wither away into obscurity, becoming a relic of a distant past?

Eh, just add a pair of scribbled slabs, a talkative flaming shrubbery and a bunch of followers and he could found a brand new hardcore religion... Monotheistic too!  

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

bdbdbd said:
@Alby: I wasn't meaning M$ attacking Nintendo, but the opposite.

M$ has relied on strategy called "moneyhatting".

Yes, but I was meaning that Nintendo wouldn't even consider attacking M$ if not threatened, although they didn't commit the error of underestimating them. It could anyway be said that radically innovating in unforeseen directions and completely refusing the performance race, Nintendo actually attacked first both Sony and MS, although the intention was, more than attacking, carving a new section of the market for itself.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!