By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - NON Biased, NON Fanboy, PS360 Owners answer me this ..

Kasz216 said:

It's obviously PS3 fanboys because of the situation of the console.

It's like the person on the basketball court who trashtalks despite having no shot and getting blown past on defense on every play.

Completly unjustified arrogance is just the worst.

They're all equally as bad... it's just PS3 has the least reason to be so bad.

I don't get it. So basically, if said console is selling more and you happen to be a "fan" of the console, you have more right to be arrogant than another "fan" of said console that's selling less. Is this your point?

If you ask me, the only person that has somewhat of a justification for arrogance about say nintendo's success is Iwata. Anyone else riding on their success to spout BS is as pathetic as it gets. Even if you have/love/treasure the "winning" system, doesn't give you a right to put down other systems because chances are that you weren't the brains behind the success of the "winning" system. People who thrive on the success of others are the epitome of pathetic because it usually shows that they have no successes of their own.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
Kasz216 said:

It's like the person on the basketball court who trashtalks despite having no shot and getting blown past on defense on every play.

I don't get it. So basically, if said console is selling more and you happen to be a "fan" of the console, you have more right to be arrogant than another "fan" of said console that's selling less. Is this your point?

If you ask me, the only person that has somewhat of a justification for arrogance about say nintendo's success is Iwata. Anyone else riding on their success to spout BS is as pathetic as it gets. Even if you have/love/treasure the "winning" system, doesn't give you a right to put down other systems because chances are that you weren't the brains behind the success of the "winning" system. People who thrive on the success of others are the epitome of pathetic because it usually shows that they have no successes of their own.

When on a sales site... yeah... i'd say deserved arrogance would be dependent on how well your console is doing.

Just how deserved arrogance on a basketball court would be decided based on... well basketball ability.

You can be the best brain surgeon in the world... but if your jump shots weak you don't have anything to trash talk about.

The PS3 has no real objective on which it can argue it's the best. 

If you like your system sure... that's fine.  Being  a fanboy about it when you've got nothing to back it up though...

that's just stupid... i can understand someone who's a Steelers fan bragging about how good the Steelers are doing.  I can't understand a Browns fan bragging about how well the browns are going to do.

If it was just somoene saying "Hey i love the Browns" sure fine... your a fan of the team... that's totally ok even if the browns do suck and lose a lot of games... maybe they're entertaining to watch for you.  However when you start talking about how the Browns are going to dominate the AFC North... seriously... just shut up... wait until your "team" gets good again and then you can trash talk.

For example.... name a worse fanboy then Crazzyman.

Go ahead, you can't do it.  He's just that bad.

Well except maybe Diomedes.... since he just straight posts lies... but still Sony fanboy.

Name worse fanboys then Crazzyman and Diomedes.

Kasz216 said:
Pristine20 said:
Kasz216 said:

When on a sales site... yeah... i'd say deserved arrogance would be dependent on how well your console is doing.

Just how deserved arrogance on a basketball court would be decided based on... well basketball ability.

You can be the best brain surgeon in the world... but if your jump shots weak you don't have anything to trash talk about.

Heck it can't even argue review scores when the review system is broken.

If you like your system sure... that's fine.  Being  a fanboy about it when you've got nothing to back it up though...

that's just stupid... i can understand someone who's a Steelers fan bragging about how good the Steelers are doing.  I can't understand a Browns fan bragging about how well the browns are going to do.

If it was just somoene saying "Hey i love the Browns" sure fine... your a fan of the team... that's totally ok even if the browns do suck and lose a lot of games... maybe they're entertaining to watch for you.  However when you start talking about how the Browns are going to dominate the AFC North... seriously... just shut up.

Crazzyman is a joke account created to entertain us and he does so often.

Still, I don't think having a console in your house gives you any more leverage to talk shit regardless of it's position as bestselling or worst selling.

For example, Levi's sell a lot more jeans than diesel. Does that give a "fan" of levi's jeans more room to talk "shit" than the "fan" of diesel jeans? What is victory anyway in this "console war"? In your sports analysis, it's pretty obvious, in this console discussion...not so much.

The way I see it, anybody simply out to put anything down or especially in cases where they've no experience with what they're putting down just sucks as an individual.

Like you said, this is a sales site and we do a lot of analyses here so getting mad at people for making sales predictions (however outlandish) or predictions of possible changes that could boost X system's sales doesn't make much sense either.

Just to add (since today is MLK day in the US), you do realize that the mass market is not always right about what the best choice is right?Saying the ps3 has no objective to claim "best" is invalid irregardless of the mass markets choice. Why? Simple example, back in the 60s in the US during the civil rights era, if the masses had been allowed to vote on whether blacks should be liberated or not, what do you think the turnout would've been? The masses aren't always right, it's what an individual wants that is right. It's up to each person to define what console is "best" to them. No console can claim the title over the other.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Kasz216 said:
Pristine20 said:
Kasz216 said:

If it was just somoene saying "Hey i love the Browns" sure fine... your a fan of the team... that's totally ok even if the browns do suck and lose a lot of games... maybe they're entertaining to watch for you.  However when you start talking about how the Browns are going to dominate the AFC North... seriously... just shut up... wait until your "team" gets good again and then you can trash talk.

Well except maybe Diomedes.... since he just straight posts lies... but still Sony fanboy.

Name worse fanboys then Crazzyman and Diomedes.

Have you seen MikeB's posts lately? A poster got a temp ban from creating a troll account. This alt account made outlandish PS3 comeback claims and MikeB agreed with those claims wholeheartedly. When someone creates a troll account to make ridiculous claims and you agree with that troll accounts posts, you officially become the worst fanboy.

Pristine20 said:
Kasz216 said:
Pristine20 said:
Kasz216 said:

If it was just somoene saying "Hey i love the Browns" sure fine... your a fan of the team... that's totally ok even if the browns do suck and lose a lot of games... maybe they're entertaining to watch for you.  However when you start talking about how the Browns are going to dominate the AFC North... seriously... just shut up.

Still, I don't think having a console in your house gives you any more leverage to talk shit regardless of it's position as bestselling or worst selling.

For example, Levi's sell a lot more jeans than diesel. Does that give a "fan" of levi's jeans more room to talk "shit" than the "fan" of diesel jeans? What is victory anyway in this "console war"? In your sports analysis, it's pretty obvious, in this console discussion...not so much.

The way I see it, anybody simply out to put anything down or especially in cases where they've no experience with what they're putting down just sucks as an individual.

Like you said, this is a sales site and we do a lot of analyses here so getting mad at people for making sales predictions (however outlandish) or predictions of possible changes that could boost X system's sales doesn't make much sense either.

It's perfectly clear cut... most sales wins the generation.  That's how it's been ever since the Atari... the only people who don't see it that way are fans of the losing "teams".

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Pristine20 said:
Kasz216 said:
Pristine20 said:
Kasz216 said:

It's perfectly clear cut... most sales wins the generation.  That's how it's been ever since the Atari... the only people who don't see it that way are fans of the losing "teams".

People like to throw profits and whatnot in the mix so it gets blurry at times. I've seen some say nintendo technically wasn't "last" last gen since they made lots of profits while the xbox lost billions.

Pristine20 said:

People like to throw profits and whatnot in the mix so it gets blurry at times. I've seen some say nintendo technically wasn't "last" last gen since they made lots of profits while the xbox lost billions.

That's often the case when it's used as an example of how "poorly" Nintendo did that gen. For example, people say, "Sony isn't doing nearly as bad as Nintendo, they'll be fine!" - > Introducing "Profits" to come in and ruin the fun.

It really depends on what we're talking about - marketshare or profits, both are important. This gen, it's all in order for both: Nintendo >>> Microsoft > Sony. It's hard for me to think of Microsoft as 2nd place last gen, as they blew so much money away (though in all fairness, I guess they were newcomers). Still, $4 billion is the price of like, 20+ million Gamecubes...

When the difference is small, it really doesn't matter, though. Hell, often people bring up the SNES v Genesis, and it's looked at as a near tie, even though the SNES sold like 50% more consoles.

I couldn't choose to be perectly honest, they're all equally bad in my book, just different methods of conduct on the most part.

Snake said:
Pristine20 said:
Sardauk said:
Pristine20 said:
Sardauk said:
CAL4M1TY said:
Actually.. if PS3 fanboys and Wii fans annoy the 360 fanboys the most, and vice versa (x2).. .would it not be the case that a nonfanboy would find all 3 of them equally annoying?

So therefore, everyone who listed a particular fanboy is in turn a fanboy themselves.

Win.

Funny, I asked the same question when I joined the forum...

...and 360 fanboys are just perfect! Did I complete your commentary? Crap articles about their messiah huh? If you ask me: 1. What are you doing trolling the sony forums since you despise it's users?

2. The majority of articles posted on this site as of chrstmas season and beyond has been negative. Most of them, we have to thank 360 and wii fans for.

3. So you complain about pictures sigs too now huh? I also see sigs around here with people showing that nothing can "save" the ps3 and similar content..but those must not be a problem right? Seems to me that you just want a reason to despise. What a joke...

1. No I don't despite it's users, I'm an ex blinded Sony fanatics. I'm jsut an anti-Sony fanboys which is not the same.

2. That is because the media are negative about Sony at the moment right ? This forum is about VG sales and Sony is not good at it at the moment.

3. Same remarks for others I agree. But when it comes to shitty signatures full of propaganda sh*t, PS3 fanboys are the masters. You don't see a lot of 360 fanboys with a huge signature displaying their next game jewel...

Those signatures are f*cking childish anyway...

And exactly why is a signature with Killzone 2 gifs a problem for anybody? Someone likes a game, leave 'em be.

He can't leave them be. He is Sony hater and 360 fanboy

Oooh the easy answer: "If you are not with us, you are agains't us"... charming...

Forum is good for free exchange of opinions, but if you guys want to become walking ads, that is your problem.

But ok...  an agressive gifs with "PS3 rulez the earth and the other are retarded" is more easy than writing a proper opinion I guess...

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

I think it's not a matter of which console you like but a matter of personal development. A (mentally!) grown up person is less likely to develop this kind of attitude towards someone else or gaming.

For instance I would bet all of my money that many people on this forum are claiming to be older than they really are.

Fanboyism is a pattern of thought that emerges mostly from uncertainty: As teenagers most people see themselves as the centre point of their world, they are in an age of alteration and have just recently left their former life as a child (or are trying to do so at least), they feel unsafe and unconfident and don't know how to measure their "quality" as part of the society.
They don't know what the important values in life are for them. As teenagers mostly consort with people of their own age they measure their own value by watching the reaction of their contemporaries and try to become accepted among them. As their contemporaries don't know yet about their important values as well, they often try to become the "leader" of their social group. This explains why there are so many young kids and teens talking about how cool Halo and Need for Speed are or pre-teens sitting in the bus playing PSP even though those things are clearly thought to entertain the "real" adult gamer.

As young teenagers often lack the mental maturation (which we can't blame them for, when I was 15 I didn't know how important constancy, honesty and compassion are, honestly no one of us did and the ones who think "but I did!" now surely still lack that maturation) to be convinced in their own actions without the approval of their social group they think they are not worth a dollar if their social group doesn't tell them otherwise. That results in a thinking of "But I MUST be cool / accepted, otherwise I'm not worth anything!"

Now if such a person buys a console for example they often do that to show themselves "I'm cool, I'm worth something" but if they get the feeling that an important / big group of people thinks they could've done a better purchase they automatically defend themselves. Not their console, though. In reality they just try to convince themselves that they are worth just as much as you and me. That's why it is so hard to argue with a fanboy: They don't argue against you but against themselves.

Gamers older than 20 or so often play technically advanced games because they are "realism-freaks", because they like to play something technically involved, while a pre-mature person wants to compare his or her games to the games on other consoles to show himself (again, not the other person, why would the fanboy care?) that his purchase was "better" and that it justifies a social ascendency in his or her group.

In general most fanboy arguments are about "I'm better than you!"not "my system is better than yours!"

So for me it's not about which system does a fanboy prefer it's about how (pre-) mature is he or she acting?