By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yahoo - HOTTEST Games of 09!

shio said:
JaggedSac said:
shio said:

Console games will always have more visibility due to advertisement. But that doesn't mean they'll sell more or be better acclaimed. I'm expecting both Empire and DoW2 to be multi-million sellers. Their antecessors are still selling on PC.

Empire: Total War's Steam pre-orders are doing great - In the best-selling Strategy chart, Empire: Total War is currently in 4th and 10th, the former being the special edition. The pre-order has been available for almost 3 months and the game only comes out in March.

Shio, for once, could you give some links with numbers in your pc games sales factoids.  I don't doubt your claims, but when mentioning ranks on lists for sales it is meaningless without numbers.

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Strategy/

Just click on the "Top Sellers". I believe they give you the best sellers of the last 24 hours.

What I mean by numbers, are actually units of sales.

#1 on that list could have sold 10 copies.  Does that mean jack squat for a game to be #3 on that list.  Nope.

Around the Network

it's Yahoo.

/thread

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
JaggedSac said:
shio said:
JaggedSac said:
shio said:

Console games will always have more visibility due to advertisement. But that doesn't mean they'll sell more or be better acclaimed. I'm expecting both Empire and DoW2 to be multi-million sellers. Their antecessors are still selling on PC.

Empire: Total War's Steam pre-orders are doing great - In the best-selling Strategy chart, Empire: Total War is currently in 4th and 10th, the former being the special edition. The pre-order has been available for almost 3 months and the game only comes out in March.

Shio, for once, could you give some links with numbers in your pc games sales factoids.  I don't doubt your claims, but when mentioning ranks on lists for sales it is meaningless without numbers.

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Strategy/

Just click on the "Top Sellers". I believe they give you the best sellers of the last 24 hours.

What I mean by numbers, are actually units of sales.

#1 on that list could have sold 10 copies.  Does that mean jack squat for a game to be #3 on that list.  Nope.

Almost no one releases Digital sales numbers because they don't want to piss off the retailers. The only figure we ever got about Steam was the sales of Garry's Mod, which sold 312k between 29th November of 2006 - 29th Novermber of 2008 (exactly 2 years). Here's a post about the developer:

"It’s 2 years today since GMod went on sale on Steam.

The day it went on Steam was a nervous day for me. How well would it sell, would it be buggy as hell, would Valve regret giving me this chance?

The popularity took me and Valve by surprise. As soon as it went on sale the steam servers were temporary knocked out, due to the demand. On the first day it sold 5,729 copies. Wowzer.

I kind of expected that it would sell a big number of copies for the first day, then sell very few after that. I was kind of wrong, because over the next 2 years it went on to sell 312,541 copies. Which has totally knocked my socks off.

GMod hasn’t just given me financial stability, It’s also made me a lot more experienced in c++. I learned how game engines are meant to work. I got to fly to Valve HQ and meet some game making dudes. I got to tell a nice bearded fellow how I was sick all over myself in the shower after eating airline food, and then realising I was talking to Warren Spector.

And it’s my hope that it has inspired other people to do stuff. I mean, I’m a fool like you, I’ve just got more experience in pretending I’m not, and I did it.. So why can’t you.

But I couldn’t have done it alone. Thanks to: All of http://www.garrysmod.com/team/">TEAM GARRY, and all those that contributed ideas and suggestions. Thanks to all of Valve, but especially ErikJ, because none of this would have happened without him and to Alfred and Jason for putting up with my many updates."

http://www.garry.tv/?p=694

It doesn't prove anything, but it's actually great how he sold 5,7k in the first day, way before Steam's 2007 and 2008 Booms.

this list is full of average games the only 3 aaa games there are call of duty modern warfare 2, bioshock 2 and resi 5 where the hell is street fighter 4, killzone 2, tekken 6, infamous all those titles loook like they will be easily aaa and better games than this list hell id even think bionic commando is better than some of these games wii sports resort what a joke yes will selll well but we know that it will sell cos of the motion plus silly addons

Quite a boring list imo. That's Yahoo for you.

Around the Network

No Killzone 2?
No Diablo 3? CMON, diablo..

Smashed,

There's no Alan Wake either.

And Diablo 3 ain't coming in 2009.

Slimebeast said:
Smashed,

There's no Alan Wake either.

And Diablo 3 ain't coming in 2009.

Diablo 3 coming in 2009 is a possibility, they have been working on it for 3 years now.

no pokemon?