By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Yahoo - HOTTEST Games of 09!

shio said:
Slimebeast said:
shio said:
Halo Wars?? Huh?? And they didn't mention Empire:Total War or Dawn of War 2....

How about you take off your (PC) fanboy glasses for a second?

enlighten me then.

Shio, they are obviously listing titles that the general public will have more interest in.  Thus, a game with Halo in the title is obviously going to be in there.  Not sure the mass public will give a rats ass about either Empire:Total War or Dawn of War 2.  They will probably not give a rats ass about Halo Wars once they realize it is an rts, but that is after the fact that the visibility to the public will be greater than either of those two pc games.

Around the Network

@Pristine - Why would a 360 exclusive be announced at the end of the games PS3 version?

I personally can't believe nothing was said about Star Ocean, Infamous, The Conduit and who could forget Alan Wake.

@perpride

why would a 360 star ocean game be announced at the end of the SO1 remake for PSP

well that happened right?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

JaggedSac said:
shio said:
Slimebeast said:
shio said:

enlighten me then.

Shio, they are obviously listing titles that the general public will have more interest in.  Thus, a game with Halo in the title is obviously going to be in there.  Not sure the mass public will give a rats ass about either Empire:Total War or Dawn of War 2.  They will probably not give a rats ass about Halo Wars once they realize it is an rts, but that is after the fact that the visibility to the public will be greater than either of those two pc games.

Console games will always have more visibility due to advertisement. But that doesn't mean they'll sell more or be better acclaimed. I'm expecting both Empire and DoW2 to be multi-million sellers. Their antecessors are still selling on PC.

Empire: Total War's Steam pre-orders are doing great - In the best-selling Strategy chart, Empire: Total War is currently in 4th and 10th, the former being the special edition. The pre-order has been available for almost 3 months and the game only comes out in March.

JaggedSac said:
shio said:
Slimebeast said:
shio said:

enlighten me then.

honestly, I know a large group of extreme halo fanboy's and they aren't even looking forward to Halo Wars.  Yes its in the list because it has Halo in the title but I don't think the vast majority of people are really counting down the days for Halo Wars release.  Maybe the "expansion", but not halo wars.

Around the Network

Good list but not surprising they are all mainstream considering it's Yahoo.

shio said:
JaggedSac said:
shio said:
Slimebeast said:
shio said:

enlighten me then.

Console games will always have more visibility due to advertisement. But that doesn't mean they'll sell more or be better acclaimed. I'm expecting both Empire and DoW2 to be multi-million sellers. Their antecessors are still selling on PC.

Empire: Total War's Steam pre-orders are doing great - In the best-selling Strategy chart, Empire: Total War is currently in 4th and 10th, the former being the special edition. The pre-order has been available for almost 3 months and the game only comes out in March.

Shio, for once, could you give some links with numbers in your pc games sales factoids.  I don't doubt your claims, but when mentioning ranks on lists for sales it is meaningless without numbers.

A shitload of games are missing but then they only have 20 positions to fill. Can't wait for Resident Evil 5.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

JaggedSac said:
shio said:

Shio, for once, could you give some links with numbers in your pc games sales factoids.  I don't doubt your claims, but when mentioning ranks on lists for sales it is meaningless without numbers.

http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Strategy/

Just click on the "Top Sellers". I believe they give you the best sellers of the last 24 hours.

So no KZ2, Uncharted 2, Street Fighter IV?

lol.