By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Trends in the NPD Top Twenty Games 2005-2008

It shows how dominant  the PS2 was and how hard its going to be for sony to ever get to that level again.

think about it.

in 2005 the ps2 alone had 17 games in the top 20. Wow.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

@psrock

its hard for ANY console to get up to that level

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I think the 2007 chart is wrong, or the data below the charts is wrong. The data says that Xbox 360 had 6 in the top 20 in 2007, but in the chart you can tell that it has less than a quarter. And that year, Nintendo had 10 in the top 20 according to the table, but in the chart it looks like Nintendo has more than half.

Systems owned: Nintendo 64, GameCube, Xbox 360, Atari 7800, Genesis, PlayStation, Dreamcast, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS.

Year-end predictions (April 6, 2008):

• DS: 94 million (96.0)
  • Wii: 46 million (44.4)
  • PSP: 45 million (43.6)
  • X360: 27 million (27.3)
  • PS3: 24 million (19.4)
  • PS2: 124 million (123.7)
agabara said:
I think the 2007 chart is wrong, or the data below the charts is wrong. The data says that Xbox 360 had 6 in the top 20 in 2007, but in the chart you can tell that it has less than a quarter. And that year, Nintendo had 10 in the top 20 according to the table, but in the chart it looks like Nintendo has more than half.

Thank you for catching my mistake, it's fixed now.

why is there DS but no GBA or PSP?

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:
why is there DS but no GBA or PSP?

It would appear neither one got a single game in during that timeframe, so why bother to include them?

Correct, I only listed those that appeared in NPD list.

The reason 2005 was so dominant for Sony is because the DS and 360 were just released and the GBA, xbox, and GC were almost dead. All that was left was the PS2. If you go back to 2002 or 2003 i'm pretty sure it's more well rounded.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X