By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - NWA was the best rap band

I wouldnt really call them a band?

Around the Network

Pikachu Rap!

Pika to the Pi, To The Pi-Pi Pika, Hes a bad yellow pokemon, shoves thunder in your ass, go Pika, go Pika, PIKACHU!

damkira said:

Agreed. I used to listen to them when I was a kid.... great, great music. Only Dr. Dre came out of that group with good music.

Actually Easy E was much better than Dr. Dre, plus Dre was in an 80's pop group before he became a rapper. 

" Rebellion Against Tyrants Is Obedience To God"

BottledSpringWater said:
d21lewis said:
Good albums include Kanye West's 1st 3 albums, Lil Wayne's latest, Nas' latest, and Lupe Fiasco's album. Good rap actually does still exist. The period between 1991 and 1998 is the greatest, though.

Good thing you didn't mention his latest one...

Have to disagree with you on that one. Lil' Wayne is absolutely fucking terrible(just listen to lolipop), Lupe Fiasco...meh, Kayne's last album was garbage, but Nas is actually pretty good. There hasnt been a good "mainstream" rap album in a long time.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BottledSpringWater said:
d21lewis said:
Good albums include Kanye West's 1st 3 albums, Lil Wayne's latest, Nas' latest, and Lupe Fiasco's album. Good rap actually does still exist. The period between 1991 and 1998 is the greatest, though.

Have to disagree with you on that one. Lil' Wayne is absolutely fucking terrible(just listen to lolipop), Lupe Fiasco...meh, Kayne's last album was garbage, but Nas is actually pretty good. There hasnt been a good "mainstream" rap album in a long time.

I agree, I hate lil wayne. Lollipop is such a bad song. I have no clue how it hit #1 on the charts

Around the Network

I think the key word in the title was 'was'. They were good... in the 1990's

highwaystar101 said:
I think the key word in the title was 'was'. They were good... in the 1990's

It's still considered good, there a helluva lot better than any rap group/ rapper out there today. Actually this generation of music "the mainstream" is about as terrible as the 80's.

Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BottledSpringWater said:
d21lewis said:

Lupe is one of the best today and is far from "meh" , I actually put him right behind nas though.

But kanye is still the man , graduation was one of the best albums ever.

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!!!

jesus kung fu magic said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BottledSpringWater said:
d21lewis said:

Lupe is one of the best today and is far from "meh" , I actually put him right behind nas though.

after that 808 shit i disagree and graduation is ass  that shit was all hype

jesus kung fu magic said:
Nirvana_Nut85 said:
BottledSpringWater said:
d21lewis said:

In all honesty, saying one of the best today isn't really saying much. Lupe is still crap compared to a lot of real artists out there, hell I hate Necro's music with a passion and his music blows Lupe's out of the water.