By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Killzone 2 Thread

ameratsu said:
Just about done my first playthrough (im in Visari's Palace), playing it on hard. Has been a pretty poor game so far. The enemy AI is garbage, and the friendly AI is a basketcase a lot of the time, requiring you to constantly revive them. I'll post more detailed take on single player later this week.

Care to elaborate on that? The enemy AI is some of the best I've ever seen in an FPS.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

One of many points, but helgast will find a cover spot, i will shoot him because his legs or head is blatantly sticking out and he will die. One of his friends will take the same cover spot and I'll kill him the exact same way. Outside visari's palace the infinate respawn waves of helgast will do this over and over.

When approaching a helgast in cover, you can reliably run up to them, melee them and shoot them in the back of the head pretty much each time. They never defend themselves if you rush them in cover. They aren't aggressive enough in close quarters combat.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

ameratsu said:

One of many points, but helgast will find a cover spot, i will shoot him because his legs or head is blatantly sticking out and he will die. One of his friends will take the same cover spot and I'll kill him the exact same way. Outside visari's palace the infinate respawn waves of helgast will do this over and over.

When approaching a helgast in cover, you can reliably run up to them, melee them and shoot them in the back of the head pretty much each time. They never defend themselves if you rush them in cover. They aren't aggressive enough in close quarters combat.

What difficulty were you playing on?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

the one above normal, but not the hardest one

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

I am hopefully going to recieve Killzone 2 today. £20.49 BRAND NEW off Ebay!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

Around the Network

Killzone 2 is such a great game. I got bored after 2 months, but maybe i'll come back to it.

I made a clan in Killzone 2, does anyone want to join?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

Ferrari_7861 said:
I made a clan in Killzone 2, does anyone want to join?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=57484

ameratsu said:

the one above normal, but not the hardest one

I'm playing through on Elite right now, and i'm telling you, they know how to fight back.

One on one with a red eye is a fight to the death!

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3

I can't believe i've never posted in this thread before... I'm a huge killzone fan.

I mean, i really like it, not that i'm huge physically. i'm not. really quite thin actually. just so you know.

Atari 2600, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy, Game Boy Advanced, N64, Playstation, Xbox, PSP Phat, PSP 3000, and PS3 60gb (upgraded to 320gb), NDS

Linux Ubuntu user

Favourite game: Killzone 3