By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - VGC Debate/Poll: The Death Penalty

ive yet to see any evidence anywhere ever that shows that it works as a deterent, infact i doubt it would stop someone commiting a crime, it just means theyll try harder not to get caught which makes the polices job harder

Around the Network
nordlead said:
I am Pro. I believe if you kill someone, and there is irrefutable proof, then you deserve exactly what you dished out. Also, I don't believe that I should be paying for said killer to live in a jail cell and do nothing for the rest of their lives.

So pretty much the same as torillian

I agree with this.

But since I'm christian I fink I has to be against the death penalty lol.

pro

Anti.

I believe that the death penalty does not effectively deter crime. In the United States, that states which implement the death penalty most still have some of the highest rates of violent crime.

also, the death penalty cannot be reversed. There have been many cases of people put to death who have later been proved innocent.

Against. It is just so wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

I am pro death penalty. If you murder someone, you deserved to be killed.

Eh... anti-death penalty.

It seems to actually cost more then life imprisonment... and if wrong... well there is no reversing it.

damkira said:

Anti.

I believe that the death penalty does not effectively deter crime. In the United States, that states which implement the death penalty most still have some of the highest rates of violent crime.

also, the death penalty cannot be reversed. There have been many cases of people put to death who have later been proved innocent.

That's a really bad arguement.

The correct way to make that arguement would be to judge crimerates in places that had the death penalty and got rid of it or vise versa.

Based on your argument i could make all sorts of stupid arguements.

Under no circumstances should the death penalty be used. The state cannot decide to kill people. Although I am way way way more liberal on this particular debate then most people. I think 99% of criminals should be in rehabilitation not jail.

Anti death penalty to the max.

tombi123 said:
Under no circumstances should the death penalty be used. The state cannot decide to kill people. Although I am way way way more liberal on this particular debate then most people. I think 99% of criminals should be in rehabilitation not jail.

Anti death penalty to the max.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War

As for rehibilitation.  That's an interesting one.

Someone who kills their wife in a fit of rage because they catch them in bed with another man.

They aren't going to do that again obviously... unless there is the very rare chance they get another wife who cheats on them.

So what... Anger management?   How do you tell if someone is rehabilitated... if this is the only chance they've snapped?

You couldn't just have them get away with killing their wives could you?