By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - molyneux: LBP best game of 2008.

Lionhead Studios main man, Peter Molyneux, has gushed once again about Media Molecule's LittleBigPlanet. He's nominated the PlayStation 3 game as "the most important creative innovation of the last twelve months."

(We agree.)

Sir Molyneux has lauded the creative platformer before, telling the BBC the game was a product of "superb artistry and a fantastic marketing job by Sony." He did question LittleBigPlanet's release time frame though, so Pete's not without his criticism.

Molyneux's shout out to Media Molecule and Sony came via c&binet — the Creative and Business International Network — an organization at which he's an "ambassador."

“LittleBigPlanet has outstanding creative vision," he said. "It’s from a British start-up studio and is one of the defining titles on Japan’s Sony PS3.” The Britons do stick together.

here is the link: http://kotaku.com/5132172/molyneux-deems-littlebigplanet-most-important-creative-innovation-of-08

i think lbp is great.

you guys think lbp was the best of 2008?

Around the Network

I think one of the reasons he is praising it to so much is that most of MM employees are ex-Lionheaders

Munkeh111 said:
I think one of the reasons he is praising it to so much is that most of MM employees are ex-Lionheaders

LOL. It would be funny if Rare praised Free Radical. "Haze was mindblowing!!!"

Nevertheless, LBP is rad so it deservs the praise.

Game of The Year according to this site but not Xplay for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

All I know as "the most important creative innovation of the last twelve months." doesn't seem to translate to best game of 2008 to me.. it translates as important creative innovation.

Lot's of important innovations weren't executed well or even good at first, I'm just saying..

I should note I like little big planet, just to clear that up.

Around the Network

Even better then Fable 2? ;)

Isn't Molyneux French?

He didn't say ANY THING about the little sackboy being the "Best" game of 2008...try to quote what the person said, and not what YOU want to say , please:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7804564.stm

"One of my personal favourites was Little Big Planet; superb artistry and a fantastic marketing job by Sony - yet it didn't make the numbers"

No one ever said LBP wasn't creative and what not, but hardly the best game...GTA might have a little to say about that...in a BIG WAY.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

oh god....GTAIV for best game of the year? Look I'm not into all the hate it gets on these boards, but it is not GotY material, nor is it worth all the 10's it got. Not even sure it would make it to 9's in my book. Probably an 8.9 game.

Praise thats deserved, lets face it.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot