Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network

Rockband 2 for Wii sold 150k in Dec.:
ign

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Note about the numbers - these do not include Canada (the biggest market that VGC covers as America that NPD doesn't cover since they cover USA), which favors the Wii... meaning the 10% rule might not work as well with the Wii as it might for other consoles.

I also think its wise to wait for financial reports because it really is hard to know what Canada's numbers might look like anyway, so I'm with Brett on this one (I'm always with Brett though).

Also note that if you take 2008 sales for the Wii (from week ending Jan 5th 2008 to week ending Jan 3rd 2009) and times by the .875, you get about the same as NPD for 2008 sales also.

For everyone puzzled by Wii sales in December compared to November. People have bad memories. Nintendo made sure you could find Wii's everywhere in November. Even Black Friday weekend you could easily find them all weekend long. That was it after that weekend the Wii returned to arrive and sell out mode.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Yeah, it's not that the December numbers are abnormally low. It's the November numbers that are so freaking huge.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Around the Network

So no adjustments? hmmm, i wont comment...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Lurker said:
Wii60 domination continues. PS3 is dead in America

i think that the ps3 is selling good despite all this obstacles it have right now, its certainly not dead all consoles are doing great lets hope for a price cut in 09.

colonelstubbs said:

Patience. Official numbers from the big three themselves are later this month. Numbers will be adjusted then. It is better this way. We get a more honest comparison if we let the numbers travel in parallel.

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

colonelstubbs said:

About 4 days ago there was a Wii total sales adjustment down. Notice the percentage dropped.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Pretty tame for a December NPD thread. Save for a bit of trolling and Magnific0's meltdown, there wasn't a whole lot of head turning.

Well DS did break PS2's record...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"