Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official December NPD 2008 Thread

@soriku

sorry mate

Neo-Gaf back online

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=349076

NUMBERS CONFIRMED true

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

The thing I find much more interesting then the numbers is that the site that has the article has 0 comments on it yet...

Former something....

TheSource said:

I'm very suspicious of the Wii number given that December had five weeks and that November had four.

2.04m/4 weeks in Nov = 510k/week

2.15m/5 weeks in Dec = 430k/week

Does anyone really believe Nintendo would ship more in November weeks than in December weeks? If they just sent a massive allocation for November and hoped it would hold and sent a comparable allocation for December its a pretty terrible tactical decision.

I'm usually not a sceptical man, but I'm with you here. I honestly can't believe these numbers are real Especially not considering VGC was very close to the rest of the consoles.

TheSource said:

Does anyone really believe Nintendo would ship more in November weeks than in December weeks? If they just sent a massive allocation for November and hoped it would hold and sent a comparable allocation for December its a pretty terrible tactical decision.

Notice the grey market rises in december:

http://kotaku.com/5129092/the-wii-holiday-grey-market-3-when-supply-meets-demand

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

Magnific0 said:
Wii overtracked by almost a million by this site...yikes...

360 beat PS3 ONLY 2:1 with a $199 SKU, lol. I'd say no more worries for Sony, they're doing just FINE!

This has got to be one of the most hilarious statements I've heard all year! This is why I'm a VGchartz member. Definately going in my Sig. Thanks Magnific0

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:

Hmmm ...

It might be time for Nintendo to reduce the price of the Wii and/or increase the value through game and accessory bundling

Are you serious?

"You can never jump away from Conclusions. Getting back is not so easy. That's why we're so terribly crowded here."

Canby - The Phantom Tollbooth

so what was the PS2's highest week before Wii beat it?

HappySqurriel said:

Hmmm ...

It might be time for Nintendo to reduce the price of the Wii and/or increase the value through game and accessory bundling

Not at all. They just need to make more!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

frybread said:
Outcast said:
Incoming damage control from Nintendo fans I guess. Haven't heard short supply for a while, what say you roll that one out again for our enjoyment.

No damage control needed, #1 console, #1 handheld, and Wii had half of the top 10 games.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=56777

Refer to this thread, but it looks like VGChartz are gonna be wondering what exactly happened

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

@kowenicki

thats because it beat Ps3 last year in Na in the same month 2:1 as well I believe (correct me if I'm wrong)....so its no big deal this year with its new price point

but if I'm wrong bout the 2:1 last year then magnific is being a fanboy