By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock 2 on ps3 YOUR PREDICTIONS

It would be kind of funny if it was a 360 exclusive after releasing the first trailer on the PS3 version of the game.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Since Bioshock 2 is being developed by 2K Marin (The team responsible for the PS3 version of Bioshock 1) there is a more than likely chance that it will be a simultaneous release.  It is also possible that the game will be developed primarily for the PS3 and ported from there.  Frankly I'm willing to bet this series goes downhill.

If it gets a simultaneous release I think it could do 500,000 in opening week.

But if its later then the 360 version, expect it to flop like the first one on PS3.

Nobody wants to pay full price thats been out for several months on the other console.

coolestguyever said:
If it gets a simultaneous release I think it could do 500,000 in opening week.

But if its later then the 360 version, expect it to flop like the first one on PS3.

Nobody wants to pay full price thats been out for several months on the other console.

Its not only that but a lot of people will probably play it on xbox or go to a friends house and play it if timed exclusive and thats a lot of sales lost buy Sony and 2K.

Not directed exactly at Coolster: So WW same day is best bet. And recently 2K released a statement saying they get a lot of revenue from the PS3, thats money Microsoft is not willing to pay upfront.

Still waiting on a New Road Rash and Legend of Dragoon 2...

PS3 Trophies

Well unless 2k is dumb they either need to release both at the same time or exsclusive to 360.

Bioshock 1 did pretty terrible on ps3 mostly due to a late launch. Most people already knew the jist of the story or played it on a buddies 360, so the best way to ensure sales is to realease both at once.

Around the Network

Few PS3 Bioshock copies seemed to have sold at full retail price, so retailers got burnt on it. They may not be inclined to order the sequel.

Yet, today, America's leaders are reenacting every folly that brought these great powers [Russia, Germany, and Japan] to ruin -- from arrogance and hubris, to assertions of global hegemony, to imperial overstretch, to trumpeting new 'crusades,' to handing out war guarantees to regions and countries where Americans have never fought before. We are piling up the kind of commitments that produced the greatest disasters of the twentieth century.
 — Pat Buchanan – A Republic, Not an Empire

Same day.

But I don't really care as I'm getting it for pc :)

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I remember at the time Bioshock was released on PS3 that it was reported as coming out simultaneously

lol seece's argument makes me laugh.

It's 50/50 I think. MS will want this, the PS3 sales were poor for the original, and Take Two need risk free money. If MS opens their check book, they could get a 6 month exclusive window.