By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bioshock 2 on ps3 YOUR PREDICTIONS

seece said:
Tbone said:

Seece.

But really did they expect that a game realising a whole year after 360 version at full price was going to sell good when shitload of great games release during same time.

Also yeah about that teaser trailer for Bioshock 2 would be really stupid to put there first place if they dont intend to make a ps3 version.

Does it really matter to PS3 owners the game come out on the 360 a year ealier? would most PS3 owners even know that? remember us "online" gamers (who visit sites like this) are in the minority.

Just to prove my point, VGChartz (relatively popular and well known gaming site) has 35,000 members last time I checked. We are nearning 100 million home consoles sold, thats how much of a minority we are.

None the less, Bioshock (at least the 360 version) is a higher rated game than R2 and MGS4, and is on par with LBP. Of course I won't contradict myself, only the minority would know that.

I'd imagine the PS3 version was more hurt by the fact that when the 360 version launched, it had all the marketing and adverts and media hype to go with it. That helps sales.

The PS3 version was just put on store shelves and expected to sell with a few good reviews... while at the same time games with far more hype behind them were being release with full blown advertising campaigns.

If Bioshock 2 launches on both consoles simultaneously, and lives up to the first in terms of reviews, hype etc, then they'll both be million sellers. Same with Lost Planet 2 (If it happens) and the already 'proven' case of that Tom clancey game I still don't remember the name of.

Around the Network

Well u have a point but also great exclusives game released for ps3 so why would they buy an 1 year old port.

Personally i tryed the demo and it was good but it wouldnt buy beacuse there was simply better games release as well.

To sum up i defenitly think it will come to ps3 but like i said Micorsoft will probaly make sure that it is timed exclusive even if it is for a month.

Well I think both will release at the same time and the PS3 version will sell at least two copies(me and DAmstr8, it seems) 100% sure. I hope 2-3mln people join me in my purchase, since it's a big title. x360 will see 3-4mln copies, I reckon.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

I suspect Bioshock 1 was only ported to start building a PS3 fanbase for the franchise in time for Bioshock 2's simultanious release.

Same day. Better sales for the PS3.

You wanna have your opinion, then you have to respect different opinions as well.

Around the Network

Same day, but I agree that MS will buy some sort of DLC so they can keep the illusion that it is 360 property. The timed exclusive arrangement didn't work out so well with the original Bioshock.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

seece said:
I reckon 360 Exclusive full stop.

If Microsoft has bought it again, TT wont bother with a port (really not worth their time)

So

Either same day launch for PS360

OR

Xbox 360 Exclusive.

if it had been 360 only they would have announced it as 360 only.

bioshock 2 may end up a good game, together with all the stunning looking titles this year. its looking good.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
seece said:
I reckon 360 Exclusive full stop.

If Microsoft has bought it again, TT wont bother with a port (really not worth their time)

So

Either same day launch for PS360

OR

Xbox 360 Exclusive.

if it had been 360 only they would have announced it as 360 only.

bioshock 2 may end up a good game, together with all the stunning looking titles this year. its looking good.

If it was PS360 they would have announced it? If it was PC exclusive they would have announced it.. can work both ways skeeeeee

I think there is something in the fact they have failed to mention a platform.

I bet since the sales were pretty low for Bioshock on ps3 they'll want to do a Same day WW release on both, they lost alot of sales because of that year difference. I dont think Microsoft will be willing to pay GTA DLC money for Bioshock 2, if they out sell the ps3 version its a win for microsoft anyway, so whats the point of buying the exclusivity since they seem cocky and usually shooting games on 360 outsell ps3 shooters.

Still waiting on a New Road Rash and Legend of Dragoon 2...

PS3 Trophies

trust me if they want good sales on the PS3 then it will be the same time. look how poorly timed exclusives on the 360 that go to the PS3. Bioshock sales on the PS3 is horrible. release at the same time is my bet.