By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid remake being released!!!! In Japan.....

bigjon said:
disolitude said:
Another AAA gamecube to Wii port confirmed...

Shouldn't you be discussing the PS3's next savior in Japan rather than trolling the Nintendo forum? I mean there is not much for PS3 fanboys to talk about right now, but spend your spare time trolling MS please.

lol. First of all I don't own a PS3.

Secondly, that statement is a fact. Whats your problem?

Around the Network

I reackon they are holding off from the west because they know we are a bigger audience so they are probably working on a tripple pack bundle of all three games for here with some bonus maps and crap so they can get away selling it for more than it is worth.

Also they know we love bundles and wnat a trilogy pack, so what better way to lift up the price and attract buyers than with a nice set.

If done right I wont care if it is a bit pricier.

Than again, I could be wrong. Just a dream and hope of mine.

disolitude said:
bigjon said:
disolitude said:
Another AAA gamecube to Wii port confirmed...

Shouldn't you be discussing the PS3's next savior in Japan rather than trolling the Nintendo forum? I mean there is not much for PS3 fanboys to talk about right now, but spend your spare time trolling MS please.

lol. First of all I don't own a PS3.

Secondly, that statement is a fact. Whats your problem?

ok, fine. 360 forums, go troll on sony.

Do you really think that anyone here is stupid enough to think that

Another AAA gamecube Wii port confirmed... is not trolling? Come on #1 it is a remake, that are adding textures and a completly new control scheme, and Since the Wii has motion controls and the Cube did not... well it completely changes the game.

If you were not attempting to troll you would have said,

I am glad Nintendo is porting/remaking these classics for the Wii, I think alot of people would like to try them with the new control schemes. Or something of that nature.

Almost every post I see from you is attacking the Wii, whether it be in random guy who says he works for sega thread or a teh wii is teh casual thread. 

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

@bigjon

1. This is a gamecube port with new controller scheme, I don't care how you (and they) are spinning it. You can't remake a game on similar hardware after 1 generation of consoles. If this is a remake, then so is every xbox live arcade title. They improved the graphics a tad bit and you play with a new controller...wow, remake indeed.
Look at any so called remake and you will see it has new content or drastic improvement in visuals. Not just pallete swaps. MP on GC was 480p btw.

2. Im definetly buying (or maybe renting) this game as I think Metroid prime 1 was the best one. It was still fresh gameplay back then and I actually beat that game. So I am happy they are bringing a AAA port rather than something meh like Animal Crossing or Pikmin.

Im sure some Pikmin fan will jump here and say "What do you men meh...". but oh well...

I also appreciate they ported the Resident Evil Remake...which was AAA. So all I am saying "Another AAA gamecube port confirmed...".

don't see much wrong with that.

awesome, loved the corruption. cant wait to try the wiimote controls with the 1st game in the series.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
*looks at his gamecube collection....* so... anyone want to buy MP, Pikmin & Mario Tennis for the gamecube?? what's next? MP2? Wind Waker? Luigi's Mansion?

Haha, I traded in my MP1 and 2 when they announced these remakes. Didn't want to wait for a glut to hit the used market.

@ bigjon

I'm pretty sure the MSRP for all these 'New Play Control' games is $30.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

I hope it is more different then we suspect.

These new controls will make the multi-player in Metroid Prime 2 much better.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I can´t understand this strategy, Metroid have never been a top seller in Japan, because of that i prefered an american or Europe realize.

bigjon said:
SmokedHostage said:
Corruption makes Prime 1 and Prime 2 almost unplayable. I bet 1 and 2 will only be better with Pointer functionality.

agreed. I finally beat MP3 this week and I must say I will not be able to play 1 and 2 anymore just because the controls make it so much better. BUT, I think they will give MP the same control, there would be no point to remaking it, to just add pointer functionality.

I will not pay full price for a game I have already beaten twice but if 1 and 2, are 19-29 I will buy.

I also tried playing the original MP not too long ago and it was a nightmare. But the GC Metroids always had terrible controls.

I don't know if I'll buy this one, but if they remake Echoes I'll definately get that.