By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Metroid remake being released!!!! In Japan.....

Gamerace said:
Nintendo are releasing these a little faster than I expected. I wonder if they'll continue to convert games to 'Play on Wii' if the first batch sell strongly or just keep it to the ones where the update made the most sense in the first place.

Mario Golf would be a good additional title to add though.

I strongly suspect that Factor 5 was working on a Rogue Squadron wiimake, possibly to be published by Nintendo. I'm pretty sad about Factor 5's recent troubles, and I hope somebody throws them a life preserver.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

I haven't played the first two either, so I am glad that they are remaking the games for the Wii!

I am a little worried though that Nintendo is not going to advertise the game enough to get the sales it needs....or deserves really..

You think that will happen?

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

pakidan101 said:
I haven't played the first two either, so I am glad that they are remaking the games for the Wii!

I am a little worried though that Nintendo is not going to advertise the game enough to get the sales it needs....or deserves really..

You think that will happen?

Pikmin Wii sold 100k in 2 weeks right? Advertising was used but i think its just this time around Nintendo have got more systems in more homes, simple as that.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Great, this is sooner than I expected. Hopefully it won't take much longer to come to the US. I haven't played a Metroid Prime game yet, but I love the 2D ones, so I am very excited for this game.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

*looks at his gamecube collection....* so... anyone want to buy MP, Pikmin & Mario Tennis for the gamecube?? what's next? MP2? Wind Waker? Luigi's Mansion?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Gamerace said:
Nintendo are releasing these a little faster than I expected. I wonder if they'll continue to convert games to 'Play on Wii' if the first batch sell strongly or just keep it to the ones where the update made the most sense in the first place.

Mario Golf would be a good additional title to add though.

I strongly suspect that Factor 5 was working on a Rogue Squadron wiimake, possibly to be published by Nintendo. I'm pretty sad about Factor 5's recent troubles, and I hope somebody throws them a life preserver.

That would be awesome!  Or Star Fox Assualt.  Or F-Zero or RE0 and RE or Jedi Knight or GTA:SA... damn... the more I think about it the more I'd like to see done.  They could keep that going for years with cheap redos with superior controls, improved gameplay/graphics and loads of profits to boot.    I hope they do.  I'd rather see shelves stocked with AAA GC(PS2) ports than a lot of the crap on shelves now.   New games are always preferable though of course.

SmokedHostage said:
Corruption makes Prime 1 and Prime 2 almost unplayable. I bet 1 and 2 will only be better with Pointer functionality.

agreed. I finally beat MP3 this week and I must say I will not be able to play 1 and 2 anymore just because the controls make it so much better. BUT, I think they will give MP the same control, there would be no point to remaking it, to just add pointer functionality.

I will not pay full price for a game I have already beaten twice but if 1 and 2, are 19-29 I will buy.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

I thought it was interesting that destructoid picked DK Wii as one of the most anticipated games for 09. I totally agree, anyone that made SMG is a god.

http://www.destructoid.com/the-most-anticipated-wii-games-of-2009-117687.phtml

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

bigjon said:
SmokedHostage said:
Corruption makes Prime 1 and Prime 2 almost unplayable. I bet 1 and 2 will only be better with Pointer functionality.

agreed. I finally beat MP3 this week and I must say I will not be able to play 1 and 2 anymore just because the controls make it so much better. BUT, I think they will give MP the same control, there would be no point to remaking it, to just add pointer functionality.

I will not pay full price for a game I have already beaten twice but if 1 and 2, are 19-29 I will buy.

IIRC, the Wiimakes are budget price.

Good idea to release this game for the Wii. This way another audience can enjoy the game.