By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why Core Gamers are disappointed with Nintendo

BengaBenga said:
Core-Nintendo-fans that are unhappy with Nintendo are unrealistic and frankly insane.

Galaxy, Metroid 3, Brawl, Kart, Paper Mario and (last but definitely not least) an amazing Fire Emblem. All in 2 years.

Now if you're unhappy with the 3rd party offerings I get it, but Nintendo has been a beast so far this gen.

I'm unhappy with Nintendo.  I'm neither unrealistic or insane. I've played all of those games for hours on end and again on 2 or 3 systems already.  People love to accuse other companies of being rehash after rehash because of the numbers on the end of thier game titles.  Galaxy is the 3rd 3d mario i've played, Brawl is my 3rd SSB game, MKWii is the 5th MK iteration....  Should I not want anything else?  I'm not completely smitten by the Wii series and would like just one game from them that I haven't played a million times already that I also enjoy.  It's been more than two years and I have nothing. 

I really do hate the attitude that if I'm upset with nintendo it's my own fault that prevails around here.  My friends and I joked that we don't need a Wii because we have all the games they will release on it on the gamecube.  It would've been nice to have been proven wrong.

Around the Network

^Oh well, nothing is new forever.

In my opinion, if a game series is popular, there MUST be a version of that game for the main series in every generation that follows. The company making them is not obligated to make drastic changes to the formula (They can if they wish, just like in Super Mario 64, but that's not mandatory).

It is just like James Bond films which come out once every 2-3 years and the soap opera EastEnders which is now at its 3710th episode (since it began in 1985).

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

@Nike I don't think Nintendo fans on these forums want to make you feel that if you're upset with Nintendo its your own fault. I think with the Wii alot of Nintendo fans are sick of the constant bashing and covert trolling that goes on in many a videogame forum. So its not always easy to disect what is trolling and what is critiqueing.

Trolling: "Nintendo is after a casual system, which means its target audience is soccer moms and grand parents. There are no games for the Wii" And trust it gets much worst than this.

Critique: "I would have liked if Nintendo had a stronger 2008 holiday release line-up. I'm not a fan of Wii Music or Animal Crossing. I hope next year they are able to fill the void better."

Bet between Slimbeast and Arius Dion about Wii sales 2009:

If the Wii sells less than 20 million in 2009 (as defined by VGC sales between week ending 3d Jan 2009 to week ending 4th Jan 2010) Slimebeast wins and get to control Arius Dion's sig for 1 month.

If the Wii sells more than 20 million in 2009 (as defined above) Arius Dion wins and gets to control Slimebeast's sig for 1 month.