By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii's next big hit. what will it be?

i have been wondering recently what wii's next huge hit will be. im talking something at the status of wii fit and mario kart. what would nintendo have to do to create something new that will reach those numbers? do you think it will be more of a casual game like wii fit? or more of a hardcore game like mario kart? (i hate those terms by the way, but you know what i mean)

anyways, i was hoping that maybe starfox wii would pull those numbers, at least if they marketed it correctly and did something crazy with it. i realized that the top four best selling games every week all have something bundled with it, so i don't really think that any game could do it unless it's bundled with something. who knows what nintendo has up their sleeves.

and please dont say wii sports resort, something besides that.

edit: ok over 10 million is an unrealistic standard as pointed out by another poster.. but how about 5 million? i think punchout, the next starfox, and the next zelda could make it. zelda having the highest probability of doing it out of those three of course. obviously if they make a new mario for wii, it will do it.

ps. i think smash bros will make 10 million! anyone agree?

Around the Network

I would have to say Punch Out!
It's a simple fun game that suits everybody.

On the scale of Wii Fit or Mario Kart? Whatever it is, it's a while away. I'd hazard a guess at the next Zelda, which will be completely unlike the last few Zelda's. My reasoning: It's likely to be the next big step in the journey upstream for most of the audience(Mario Kart was the last).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

For the time being I only see guaranteed Wii Sports Resort. I know you said it doesn't count, but it WILL be the very next big thing in the industry, much like the original it's being kept secret for an extent.

Besides that probably The Conduit, it will probably not be as successful as Nintendo's big franchises but it's gonna be relatively popular for sure because of the tidal push.

So you're asking what game will sell as much as the best selling console games of all time? That's kind of an unrealistic standard.

Around the Network

THE CONDUIT!!!!!!!

Nothing will beat Mario Kart or Wii Fit anymore this generation.

Super Mario Galaxy and the next Zelda will be the next ones to sell over 5 million I think.

Azelover said:
For the time being I only see guaranteed Wii Sports Resort. I know you said it doesn't count, but it WILL be the very next big thing in the industry, much like the original it's being kept secret for an extent.

Besides that probably The Conduit, it will probably not be as successful as Nintendo's big franchises but it's gonna be relatively popular for sure because of the tidal push.

yea, wii sports resort is the only likely one. thats why i said it doesnt count. lol. it probably will be the only one though.

GamingChartzFTW said:

I would have to say Punch Out!
It's a simple fun game that suits everybody.

maybe if it were bundled with boxing gloves! =]. who knows though, it very well could be if nintendo markets it properly.

Let's get real, the Conduit will not be a giant seller like Wii Fit or MK. If it outsells Metroid 3 then I'll consider it a success.