By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wii's next big hit. what will it be?

Kenryoku_Maxis said:
Oyvoyvoyv said:

Yes, can any 3rd party title make 5M (or more)? I doubt it, but it is possible. A Guitar Hero has a shot.

Again.  As I already said.  Dragon Quest X will.  Easily.  Each one sells in the multiple millions in Japan and the last two have broken Japanese records.  Its the other markets that's the problem.  Or more accrately, the poor handling of the series by Square-Enix in those markets making it sell bad that is the problem.

Now that we know there's a Third Party title that will sell 5 million on the horizon, the goal is to get more.

Well, you're taking it a bit out of context.

I meant can any 3rd party game be released, and make 5M before any of the games I listed?

Mario Party 9 is definitely going to be released in 09. Is DQ10? I really, really doubt that.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

I didn't know we were putting a time limit on it. Especially in the state of Wii's Library, and how foggy the release dates are for any of Wii's games are. Both from Nintendo and for some of its more interesting Third Party games like Fragile, Little King's Story, Oboro Muramasa Youtouden.

What it comes down to is, 5 Million is pretty much an impossible goal because we don't know when Nintendo is going to randomly release their surprise games or Third Parties are going to actually start making their 'good' games for the Wii.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Of the games that have been announced? None.

Of the games that haven't been announced? Wii Sexy Party

Next wii hit will be the next zelda or Mario whichever comes first. Sure some games will hit a million, but the next multi million will be mario or zelda.