By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Banned users...

Banned is banned. No logging it at all.

They can still email the mods for clarification.

Around the Network
Gnizmo said:
Once upon a time this was possible. Through some backdoor or another banned users could keep posting though. I assume the current system is in place to prevent a similar situation.

Crucial *sigh* back in the days we had some great times

gebx said:

Yeah, I sent it to the contact link and not the staff. Hopefully, I would need to use that link again

btw - you're the one who fined me again when I was banned....

You dope. :P   I didn't fine you while you were banned, I reduced your ban from 5 days to 3.  I just can't undo the fine manually. :P

DKII said:
gebx said:

Yeah, I sent it to the contact link and not the staff. Hopefully, I would need to use that link again

btw - you're the one who fined me again when I was banned....

You dope. :P   I didn't fine you while you were banned, I reduced your ban from 5 days to 3.  I just can't undo the fine manually. :P

I'm an idiot... ;)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

DMeisterJ said:
Don't worry.

Starcraft is still watching over us post, plotting his comeback thread of epic proportions.

Hi Starcraft!

LOL

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
DKII said:
gebx said:
DKII said:
PMs could be abused if we left that function available. There's plenty of other ways to get in touch with us, starting with the Staff link at the bottom of the page.

Yeah, but you guys don't respond to them... not only that but last time I got banned, I sent a message to the staff link asking why I was banned and what thread got me banned since no post id# was mentioned and you guys fined me!

Why would you fine someone using the contact staff link??

So to those who are currently banned.. don't use the link, mods will just fine you twice...

Saying "you guys" is clearly incorrect since I never received an email from you.  If you used the "Contact" link to send an email to the admin address, that goes directly to Brett and usually doesn't get looked at if you haven't followed the chain of command.  If you have a problem with a mod, contact naznatips.  If you have a problem with him, contact me.  If you have a problem with me, contact Brett.  If you have a problem with everyone, then you're better off gone anyway.

Where do BengaBenga, TheSource and TalonMan come in on that chain?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
DKII said:

Saying "you guys" is clearly incorrect since I never received an email from you.  If you used the "Contact" link to send an email to the admin address, that goes directly to Brett and usually doesn't get looked at if you haven't followed the chain of command.  If you have a problem with a mod, contact naznatips.  If you have a problem with him, contact me.  If you have a problem with me, contact Brett.  If you have a problem with everyone, then you're better off gone anyway.

Where do BengaBenga, TheSource and TalonMan come in on that chain?

All three of them have admin powers, but they are not in charge of forum admin type duties. So technically in terms of if they banned you, you would go to Naznatips first, then DKII. However, the ban very rarely so I can't see you complaining about them.

If you want to see what they are responsible for otherwise, just go to the contacts page (link at very bottom of the page)

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Indeed...I got my first ban few weeks ago,saying "If you don't count nintendo joke games on top 50"...Ok maybe thats good reason.But after 3 days,I got log in and you get message,that your bans will be 3 days.

Take my love, take my land..

DMeisterJ said:
Don't worry.

Starcraft is still watching over us post, plotting his comeback thread of epic proportions.

Hi Starcraft!

ROFL  Naughty kitty,, taunting poor Starcraft!

I still think it would be best to allow people to log into their accounts and just not let them post. Since i'm not even sure how to use the staff link type thing i always just made new accounts to talk to the mods if i had a problem. The mods always responded and i felt i got a decent answer most of the time. Thats one of the reasons i have so many accounts.