By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Say something nice about a current gen console/handheld you don't own.

Should I be worried that even in a thread like this we're still having issues with other consoles? I mean, even some of the "legitimate" are somewhat silly. Oh you guys, making me smile.

360: With games like Gears of War, Bioshock, Left4Dead, and The Orange Box, you can't go wrong. Also, you've got a fantastic choice of Live Arcade games to choose from. Let the good times roll!

PS3: It's all about the games, and the PS3 is no different. With strong 1st and 2nd party offerings such as LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, and Resistance, fun is only a button press away. The Blu-Ray is a sweet add on, and the free online is a beautiful thing.

PSP: This thing can do anything, from playing games and music to downloading your favorite T.V. show. It's portable, the games are good fun, and the enjoyment is always there.

Good thing that I can play 360 and PS3 any time I want, seeing as my roommates have them ready to play. The trifecta is complete.

Around the Network

The 360 is the cheapest way to get access to some brilliant games, some of the best shooters out there, excellent and easy access internet with a comfortable shooter friendly controller to boot!

The DS is an easy to pickup, friendly handheld portable console with some really innovative and interesting games, and other "games" that seem to do more like brain training etc. It's selling extremely well.

i only haven't owned 360.

it have many jrpg. but likely sell it after i play them.

MaxwellGT2000 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Ps3 has a lot of good games and of course blu-ray.
Wii is great for kids.

Wow I can't believe you made a compliment thread turn into trolling <_<

What, isn't wii great for kids? If I were to buy a (current) console for my kids, it would definitely be the wii. I can't believe you can find that offensive.

Knowing your usual banter I wouldn't really doubt it if you were trying to make a trollish comment... but whatever you say giving you the benifit of the doubt... even though more adults play Wii <_< statistically 360's are bought more for kids and teens then any of the consoles (demographics and % of users stats) and I don't know many kids excited to play Wii Fit to be honest =P

Haha. That is amusing. You ninty-fans always say that the wii is for everyone and if someone says that it is the best choice for some age group some of you get offended. I have to be more precise, by kids I meant 3-12 year olds. Little boys and girls. There is no (home) console better suited for them than the wii. It just has the most games for that agegroup. There is nothing wrong with that or that you happen to like the wii. It does not make you a manchild to like the wii.

Do you disagree?

My Dad (65) loves the Wii I bought him for Christmas.

Bethesda's Todd Howard "if install base really mattered, we'd all make board games, because there are a lot of tables."

Feel free to add me ...

PSN ID - jedson328
XBL Gamertag - jedson328

Around the Network
Esa-Petteri said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Ps3 has a lot of good games and of course blu-ray.
Wii is great for kids.

Wow I can't believe you made a compliment thread turn into trolling <_<

What, isn't wii great for kids? If I were to buy a (current) console for my kids, it would definitely be the wii. I can't believe you can find that offensive.

Knowing your usual banter I wouldn't really doubt it if you were trying to make a trollish comment... but whatever you say giving you the benifit of the doubt... even though more adults play Wii <_< statistically 360's are bought more for kids and teens then any of the consoles (demographics and % of users stats) and I don't know many kids excited to play Wii Fit to be honest =P

Haha. That is amusing. You ninty-fans always say that the wii is for everyone and if someone says that it is the best choice for some age group some of you get offended. I have to be more precise, by kids I meant 3-12 year olds. Little boys and girls. There is no (home) console better suited for them than the wii. It just has the most games for that agegroup. There is nothing wrong with that or that you happen to like the wii. It does not make you a manchild to like the wii.

Do you disagree?

Oh yes us "ninty-fans" (of which I'm not I'm a fan of good games not companies...) with our stats and facts, who could actually believe a word said when test's polls, and such were taken... The Wii is bought and played mostly by adults... there's study groups that research this stuff... it's also one of the key points at Nintendo's E3 2007 conference that they have the highest 30 year old + gamers and most girl gamers...

It's kinda hypocritical to call someone else a "ninty-fan" when A you don't know them and B have this apparent disposition against Wii... as you're very vocal about it... there's nothing wrong with having an opinion but throwing around your opinion as fact and everyone should agree is the difference between being a good forum user and a troll, as a normal forum user would say things like "in my opinion _____" or "You're wrong and here's why (list FACTS here)"

Anyway we've derailed this thread enough...

continue the epic thread :) and try to not let your bias get the best of you this is what this thread is all about letting go :P

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

@maxwellgt2000

So which home console is best for little kids? PS3 or 360?

Sorry, I assumed you were some kind of ninty-fan since you have owned all(?) nintendo consoles. Anyway, you are clearly offended by what I said. Why is that? Did I say that you have to be a little kid to enjoy wii or something like that. No. Is it a bad thing that wii is the best choice for little kids. No.

Esa-Petteri said:
@maxwellgt2000

So which home console is best for little kids? PS3 or 360?

Sorry, I assumed you were some kind of ninty-fan since you have owned all(?) nintendo consoles. Anyway, you are clearly offended by what I said. Why is that? Did I say that you have to be a little kid to enjoy wii or something like that. No. Is it a bad thing that wii is the best choice for little kids. No.

To be quite honest kids and immature adults are the ones that love and are fascinated by violence in games the most, so probably their best choice would be 360... I really don't believe in the whole "you play a violent game you become violent" cause it's the same argument that has happened for years for TV, Music, comics, and most other forms of media and there are no ties to violence... if there were then my generation would be jumping on turtles, my parents generation wanting to shoot rabbits like Elmer Fud, and so on... so yes kids enjoy violent games so let them have their fun I say just be enough of a parent to explain to them it's just a video game and not real life... though for some reason as a kid I kinda knew I couldn't rip someone's skull out like in Mortal Kombat but that's just me I guess <_<

Also I remember something about stopping and not derailing the thread anymore...

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

360's got the network: i may not care that much about online play, but it would be nice to have (especially with the way they handle the friends list) for when you don't quite know what you want to play, just find a friend and join 'em

PS3's got LBP

PSP's got Loco Roco, as well as Sonic Rivals

EDIT: PSP also has that new Prinny game. Looks awesome

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

The 360 is inexpensive as compared to my PS3. There is 1 game made for the 360 (that I would buy anyways) that I can not buy for my Wii or PS3...Banjo-Kazooie. : (

I'll think of something to put here

PSN ID: dolfan1678