By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sci-fi vs. Sandbox style vs. Action/ Adventure vs. Racing

Sandbox: Saints row 2 - Saints row 2 is what GTA4 should have been, it quite literally feels like Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, in 7th generation graphics. Great Gameplay, Great Storyline, Great Side-activities, great fun all around.

Sci Fi: Hmm, I'll have to go with Gears of War 2 on this one. Although I didn't like either, Gears of War 2 seemed to had better weapons, and online.

Hack and Slash (to describe it better): I never played God of War, so My vote goes towards Heavenly sword, which I find as one of the few games to correctly impliment sixaxis into the game, the game doesn't rely on it. But at the same time, it simply adds to the game.

Racing: I hate both of em

First Person Shooter: Halo vs. Call of Duty. Halo 3, I always found Halo 3 to be simple stupid fun. There were a few pet-peeves in Call of Duty that prevented me from really putting the time and attention towards it I Put towards Halo 3. Things like Matyrdom for instance.

Football: FIFA vs. Pro Evolution. No Opinion.

Stealth: Splinter Cell vs. Metal Gear Solid. Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, I'll most likely recieve a TON of hate on this one. I don't care, I found Metal Gear solid to be boring, silly, and hardly the "masterpiece" everyone claims it to be. Everyone takes this game so seriously, but honestly. With people like vamp, its hard to take the game seriously. MGS4 pushed the line with all its cutscenes. On splinter cell's note. Chaos Theory was by far the best stealth action I've ever encountered. 

Team ICO: Shadow of the Colossus vs. Ico. Shadow of The Colossus

Exploration: Uncharted vs. Tomb Raider. Uncharted. Added Realism into what was fast becoming a very dull and boring genre imo.

Medieval RTS: Empire Earth vs. Age of Empires. I'll give it to Age of Empires, because Empire Earth doesn't quite fall into the Medieval RTS catagory in my opinion, any game where I can gun down cavemen with futuristic guns isn't very... medival.

Sony Platformer/Action Adventures: Jak vs. Ratchet and Clank. I havn't played either... isn't that wierd?

And... a few more!

WRPG - Fable 2 vs Mass Effect

Hockey - NHL 2k9 vs NHL 09

Mascot - (Capcom)Megaman vs (Sega)Sonic

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?

Around the Network
bRoKeN said:
its soccer not football you stupid brit :pp

It was invented in Britain.

How would you like it if we created a vague baseball imitation, called it baseball, and then said your game was called Gongerz or something?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

i dont care for baseball

I hate sandbox games.

With the other categories, Gears of War, God of War, and Motorstorm.

A lot o them are good games though so it's not too big a loss.

Kantor said:
bRoKeN said:
its soccer not football you stupid brit :pp

It was invented in Britain.

How would you like it if we created a vague baseball imitation, called it baseball, and then said your game was called Gongerz or something?

I wanna know who called the american version of football, football since the ball gets thrown most of the time